“An oasis in a sea of tourists”
Review of Lo Smeraldo

Lo Smeraldo
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant rescued us in a sea of tourists. We were ready to leave Capri due to the over-inundation of tourists , but stumbled across Lo Smeralda and decided not to catch the ferry after all. The food was superb, service excellent, particularly from the very cute Luca and the very professional Vincenzo. Dario took excellent care of us at the beach club. Highly recommended

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (542)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

WARNING: avoid this place at all costs, very shady business practices AND mediocre food.

I ordered the fish stew and on the menu it said 35 euros, no mention that it costs 35 PER person. I was very surprised when the bill came to 70 euro a very small portion of fish, that didn’t even taste good. It was basic, with a few clams and mussels, bland fish, and calamari. The stew itself just tasted like reduced tomato sauce, it wasn’t even worth 35 euro. I told the waiter that I was under the impression that it was 35, and he said he “usually tells people it’s 35 per person.” I said i didn’t want to pay 70, he walked away and came back and said the owner said I mist pay or they will call the police. Surly waiter, terrible service, dishonest and shady. There’s tons of other places you can eat in Marina Grande, this is not one of them. Please take my warning and DO NOT go here, they will rip you off.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On recommendation from our hotel we were lucky to enjoy this amazing but simple restaurant for dinner.

From the time we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly Vincenzo who treated us to local knowledge of our food, wine and many laughs with a great sense of humour.

We enjoyed super fresh fried white bait & calamari to start. A fantastic local pasta dish with zucchini for a middle course. Super fresh steamed lobster for main and the lightest millefeuille with strawberries for dessert.

From start to finish it was a superb experience with an extensive wine list and we will definitely be back next year.

Don’t miss it if your in Capri

Reviewed September 6, 2019

This Restaurant in my opinion is the best all around restaurant in Capri. Easy to get to, beautiful location, family owned and operated, excellent service, good prices and the most important thing, the food is amazing. Plan on visiting this restaurant upon arriving to Capri an why not on your way out too.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

You are shoe horned into a corner depending if it looks like you have money or not
The food is nothing short of average ( below) and very expensive for what it is
Although small portions, it’s not even nice, very bland and poorly presented, looks like it was throw on the plate
There was a curly hair in the pasta, we mentioned it just to bring it to the owners attention ( a lady who payed more attention to the men than the customers) whose only reply was that it must be one of ours ( 2 bald gentlemen, a blond and an auburn, defo no black curly)
All this for €120 , had better meals with better service at pub food chains in the uk, I would even go to say only just better than fast food outlets
If you know me, and if you don’t, you know I right honest reviews, don’t rush here