“Beautiful beach side spot”

Da Gioia Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Superb spot for a lunchtime bite when the sun gets a little toasty. Have yourself a little toasty to eat and do not miss the Caprese salad...there are tomatoes and then there are tomatoes.

There are newer reviews for Da Gioia Restaurant

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have to going to Capri now for 11 years and when we wanted an evening by the sea we used to visit Add ' o' Riccio - Ana Capri, but this was unfortunately taken over by one of the large hotels and was no longer the rustic charming restaurant of the past.
We searched for a new location and found this little gem nestled by the sea shore in Marina Piccola. Now we have our lovely evening listening to the waves lapping the shore right under our table. Lobster, fresh fish, spaghetti and everything else you expect from a Capri restaurant but not many are actually this close to the water.
You can take the bus down, or a taxi or even walk down Via Krupp but I strongly suggest you try it one evening. Never as busy as it deserves to be in the evening but I'm sure it's very busy in the day.
The staff are friendly and well versed in wines and local cuisine.
But it really is the location that cannot be beaten, please go, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been going to Da Gioia for the past 2 years. I go to Capri almost every single Friday during the spring, summer & fall, and I would never let a trip go by without making my way to Da Gioia. In the winter time I literally find myself daydreaming about the food here. We usually always start with the simple tomato salad, or the caprese. My favorite dishes to order here always involve seafood, because it is some of the freshest you will find on the whole island. My 2 favorites are the frutti di mare pasta and the pasta with mussels and scaglie di grana cheese. The pasta is made fresh in house, and the menu has a wide variety. It is a little pricey, but it is worth the splurge.

Located on the Marina Piccola, it is a short hike from the more touristy center of Capri town. You can either take the scenic Via Krupp down to the beach or you can take the stairs down. Da Gioia has a huge patio terrace to dine or sun bathe on. Underneath the restaurant, there is a small private beach, with sun loungers for rent. Giuseppe and the other boys that work there are always friendly, and for Italy, the service is impeccable. I highly recommend trying Da Gioia, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank bambinaxo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

lovely place and good food, not to be missed! the food served is very good, the position of this restaurant at Marina Piccola is very nice. I do recommend it!

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Got stung with an 8 euro "capisco" cover fee which could be an expensive bowl of bread or the extra coin in their pocket. Food was good, and the staff friendly enough

2  Thank TSBlakie