This place is a real gem. We stayed on the island for 3 days/2 nights and highly recommend this hotel.
1. Great location: Five min walk to main square - very closed - but it's located on a quiet walkway off the main street. A lot of shops and restaurants nearby.
2. Cleanliness and amenities: We stayed in the room with a private terrace. The walls are white washed and the room is super-clean. It's also got a high ceiling so the room feel very airy/spacious. Although the whole room is all bright with a lot of lights/air coming in during the day, we really enjoyed the fancy roll-up mechanical blinds on the window and terrace door that would shut off the morning light and provide a good amount of darkness when we are still zZZz. We also enjoyed the complementary breakfast on the common terrace.
3. Helpful/pleasant staffs: Ettore is the owner of this hotel. We have communicated with him via email throughout the whole planning process of our trip and he is very quick at getting back to us regarding our questions. He speaks English fluently. He is always willing to help us with direction and recommendation. We were given a complementary welcome drink upon arrival and after we unpacked, he happily sat down with us with a map, upon request, and spent a good amount of time giving us an orientation/overview of the island, what we could do/should do, etc. On our last day of staying there, he even made a call to Rome for us regarding our itinerary for the rest of the trip. My sincere kudos go to him and the rest of the staffs who have made our stay at Capri smooth and enjoyable.
Overall, I wanna conclude by saying that when you visit Capri, don't just do it as a day trip. It's got so many things/ sights/activities to offer and it's completely different in the evenings and at night after all the day-trippers have left. So when you do decide to stay here overnight, stay at Hotel La Tosca. I myself would definitely stay here when we come back to Capri again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The quite and simple atmosphere and the warm hospitality are the main characteristic of this small, cozy hotel that it has been completely renovated and equipped with new comfort. From the wonderful terraces that overlook the ancient Monastery of St Giacomo, you will have an impressive view of the Faraglioni rocks and a completely relaxing holiday. Located in Capri center.Free wi fi and free use of Ipad. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Tosca Capri
- La Tosca Hotel