“A nice place you can choose in Capri”

Hotel La Floridiana
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Taipei
“A nice place you can choose in Capri”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

The hotel location is good, not too far away from the Capri centro and keeps quiet. The room is elegant with light blue color & nature wood texture. But the balcony is not very clean for our room, even seem dirty.,,We don't know why it happened in the charming place... anyway, we lost the chance to have sunshine rest in the lovely island. Another dissatisfied point is the shower room, I find water anywhere after taking the shower. It makes me uncomfortable when I use the restroom. Overall, if Hotel Floridiana can pat more attentions at details, it will be perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

....that we didn't have more time to stay. Very comfortable hotel and really good location, especially for the price. I will stay here again. There is a restaraunt near the post office that was very good and within walking distance. Ask for directions--all the locals know it. The best ravioli I've ever had in my life! Very authentic food at very reasonable prices. Not fancy, not touristy, just great!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SuzyQ62
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

We booked a 2 night stay on Orbitz at an incredible rate.When we got there and told them that we were on our honeymoon, they upgraded us to a junior suite with a balcony and jacuzzi. Even though we were not on the side that had a view, the room was very nice and the bathroom was huge ( bigger than our hotel room in rome).there was a balcony, nice large windows and sliding doors. The staff was very nice and helpful, the lady who upgraded us spent 15 mins going over a map and telling us all the great hikes to take and restaurants to eat at. there was a basic european breakfast offered each morning.the location of the hotel is great,very close to capri town center. we had a great stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

1 Thank planatrip4u
Staten Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Our holiday was complete with this amazing hotel. We loved the atmosphere, and quite. Most of all the wonderful breakfast service that we received from a gentleman named Peppe that once lived in Brooklyn, NY. He was beyond courteous and pleasant and made us feel at home. Thank you and hope to visit again!

1 Thank marjoe1966
MD - USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

We loved this place. I was there for two nights with my wife and 2 children (7&9). I found the hotel on line but booked directly with the hotel over the phone. They have a good web site as well. I booked a sea view Jr suite through Maria who spoke excellent English at a pay in advance rate of 200 euro per night including taxes and fees. Expedia and Hotels.com were $482 a night. Total after credit card conversion was $530 for two nights.

Maria told me that she would give me a nice suite and she did. This is the largest room I have ever had in Italy and this was my 20th trip. The bathroom in our suite was bigger than most rooms I have had. It was well decorated. My wife and I had a king, my daughter had a single hidden in a nook and my son had a put out chair by the door to our huge private patio with an amazing view. We had a brand new 32in LCD TV and the bathroom had both a Jacuzzi tub as well as a shower that had an overhead and two side jets. I can not say enough good things about the room. It had a mini bar as well which we did not use. You entered and had a short hallway to a desk area then turned left to a long hallway to the room with plenty of closet space. After our bed was a small single bed nook and after that an open area to the slider. The patio had a table with 4 chairs, 2 sun loungers, and an umbrella. It was room number 15.

The employee’s were very helpful with directions and recommendations and there was always one person on duty who spoke English.

Breakfast was a good typical Italian buffet. One tip I did not realize on day 1. There is cafe on the buffet so when they asked me if I wanted cafe I said no. They mean cappuccino of other specialty coffee drinks you can get that are included.

Location was great and the directions emailed to me from the hotel were easy to follow and perfect. From Marina Grande we took the Funicular up to Capri and then walked. It is easy unless your bags are huge (I only had a large back pack).

If I went in a warmer time I would probably not stay here only because there is not a pool. Other than that this hotel is actually perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank preziam
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

I have been several times to Capri and have stayed at the La Floridiana Hotel. This was the first time for me to celebrate the New Year on the Island. The hotel was very full but as always, they managed to accommodate me! The family that runs this hotel feels like family now to me. An elevator has been added and they have made some noticable changes and are constantly looking for ways to make your stay better than before. The Hotel Manager, Valerio Paone, is wonderful, charming, kind and looks after me as if it were my first time to Capri. He helped us choose a fantastic restaurant on New Years Eve - which we were looking for - quiet and not a packaged price. The food was incredible! Thank you once again to Valerio, Lucia and Rosaria for a wonderful stay. I look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank LAMarie
South Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

We stayed an unusually long time - 10 nights. Our junior suite (room 68) was magnificent. Large room with couch plus table and two armchairs. Well stocked minibar. Window onto very long balcony, with table and 3 chairs, plus two comfortable rocking chairs which we used all the time. South facing balcony, shaded until about 10 and from about 5. Large bathroom facing the balcony so you could bathe in private and look at the sea view. Hotel is well located in a very quiet area, but close to Capri's centre (but you have to walk the gauntlet of the ludicrously priced designer shops). Our only slight reservations were the rather mediocre breakfast (reasonable range, but too much sweet stuff and quality of the rest a little disappointing). And it seemed to take a long time some days for our room to be cleaned - but no grumbles about the cleanliness, it was spotless. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Location, peace and quiet, room and views
  • Disliked — Mediocre breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple