Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
$210
$190
Hotel Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Palma(Capri)(Great Value!)
$187
$181
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Relais Maresca(Capri)(Great Value!)
$258
$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Sanfelice(Capri)(Great Value!)
$215
$206
$200
Travelocity
1,725 results
All reviewsmarina piccolashuttle servicefree shuttleeuros per personfaraglioni rocksamazing viewssmall feethe hotel offersjunior suitebit datedoverlooking marinamini barblue grottoa sea view roomlounge chairstown centrelarge terrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at Ambassador Weber for 2 nights and had a good stay. When on holiday, we usually spend very little time at the hotel, however we were pleased with the rooms- clean and neat. We booked a sea view room, but the room we got had a shared terrace where most of the time hotel staff would be seen sitting. So essentially, it really wasn't a sea view room if we needed to get out onto a shared terrace to see the view. Apparently the suites have the direct view- so we were possibly mistaken or cheated by the pictures! Either way, when we were at the hotel we were either sleeping or having breakfast at the restaurant which had a lovely view which we thoroughly enjoyed. The breakfast had a great spread, though some of the staff were quite grouchy. They have a lovely heated jacuzi near the swimming pool which was great as the pool water was too cold to swim in when we were there. The shuttle service is very convenient too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Capri, but would recommend you choose your room carefully if you care for the view.

Room Tip: All sea view rooms do not have a direct view of the sea. So choose your room carefully, especially if you are paying a premium for it.
1  Thank VBK-26
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is superbly situated overlooking the Marina Piccolo in Capri. The rooms are a bit jaded and the bathrooms just average. Most of the staff are very helpful and friendly. One great advantage in this hotel is that the provide a free continuous shuttle bus service into the town of Capri. The breakfast was very good and reasonably priced.
On the negative side they charge for internet connection which nowadays most hotels offer free.
The dining room has a five star view, however the food falls far below the standard of the view.
We complained about the fact that our vegetables we disgusting. The head waiter Paolo insisted rudely that they were ok, which of course they were not. I did point out that I was unhappy to be charged for this item, however the hotel still charged us. My advice don't dine there.
The service at the pool and in the bar was good and the singer/pianist was entertaining

Room Tip: Avoid dinner
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our 5th visit - amazing vistas. It has been seriously upgraded - ok, rooms need some more tlc, but clean. You couldn't wish for a better location. Great staff, and I recommend the breakfast. The new pools and terrace are excellent, bar service.......I am a serial returnee - totally diagree with PochoCoco. We dined in one night, tired from travelling & it was good.

Room Tip: Go for the 7 level
Reviewed June 21, 2013

In simple terms, this is not a 4-star hotel. At best, its a 3-star but based just on the room, Best Western gives them a run for their money. The hotel lack attention to detail that you would expect from a 4-star hotel. First we waited 45 min for the shuttle. Too long in the 90+ degree heat when the desk clerk said they would be right there. Once we arrived at the hotel, the check-in went smoothly as they shuffled us off for a complimentary drink. Granted, we were checking in early but they never said it would be 2 hours. We had to ask several times only to be told they will check and let us know. Since we were waiting, I took the shuttle back into capri to get some medicine at the pharmacy and returned an hour later, and the room was still not ready. Now we are beyond the actual check-in time. The rooms were average. Towels felt like sand paper.....no kidding. The TV was an old tube TV that wouldn't turn on. The room smelled like urine. The restaurant lack attention to detail. The table lacked salt and pepper on the table. when we asked for some, they brought a shaker that you would see on the shelf of a convenience store. There was a group of stray cats wandering the tables begging for scraps. The veal saltimboca was HORRIBLE. The meat was over cooked and the sauce tasted as if it was straight from a can. I can only describe it best as cafeteria food. My wife got the fish and although she thought it tasted good, the deboning the waiter performed table side left little meat to eat. When I got back to my room, i called the front desk for a wifi password. They told me i had to come to the front desk to get it. When I did, they charged me 2Euro for an hour. I know its not much but I've received free wifi at 1 and 2-star hotels. Why do I have to pay for it at a 4-star hotel. If it were not for the amazing beauty of the island, this would have been a complete waste.

Room Tip: No good room worth a stay as far as I'm concerned.
1  Thank PochoCoco
imperator8152, Direttore at Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

It is incredible all this aggression , negativity and malice towards Weber Ambassador hotel!! We strongly believe that who wrote this review has never stayed at Weber Ambassador , and are for sure it was most likely written by one of our competitors. Hotel Weber Ambassador is considered one of the top hotels in Europe and certifications states this. Also I would like to say that our famous restaurants in Capri is unique for our cuisine and we do not serve sandwiches but top dishes worldwide. For so we are not going to waste time or effort in responding to such a false review that has been written in order for someone to strike Grand Hotel Weber Ambassador.

Giovanni Tarantino
Grand Hotel Weber Ambassador

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The view is superb, the staff go out of their way to help, reception excellent, breakfast very filling, beach just down the road and we were provided with soft foam matresses and beach towels. Mini bus always available,, first thing in morning and late at night. The view of the Faraglioni Rocks was breathtaking and well worth the visit. Loved it so much my husband is thinking of having his 65th birthday celebrations at the hotel in a couple of years as the hotel Weber has never let us down in either room, view or accommodation. Can't wait to return to Capri. Salute Tonino & Margaret

1  Thank MaggieCapri