All reviews great aspect air conditioned room adjoining restaurant large swimming pool plenty of loungers on site restaurant per night front desk person gorgeous views big terrace great property pool staff expensive island longer stay private balcony rooms are spacious sea view
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

I have just finished a five night stay at this hotel and what was meant to be a relaxing pause in the middle of our Italy traveling adventure, ended up being the worst part of our trip.

First off, we were traveling with two children and two adults. Now, if this hotel does not want children they should make this an adults only or clearly state it on their website. The entire time we were there staff and guests complained of my children laughing, talking or splashing too loudly in a pool. After touring around for a week through a heat wave they were so happy to be by a pool and were constantly silenced or met with glares or staff approaching them and being quite rude to my and my entire extended family. We were on edge the entire trip.

That is not even the worst of it. The hotel lobby is great but the rooms do need to be updated, water would stop working in the middle of our showers, power went out, air conditioning was poor and we even walked into our room one night with the light fixture dangling (yes I walked into it). During all these occurrences (including the owner screaming at one of our family members), there were no apologies uttered .

This hotel is way over priced for what is offered and it’s only saving grace is it’s pool view and proximity to the town. It has completely tainted my view of Capri and I breathed a sigh of relief as I left the building. I would not even recommend this hotel property to anyone, especially those traveling with kids.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank slupinacci
Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

What we liked:

We stayed at La Vega for 7 nights in late June early July 2019. Giorgio at Breakfast each morning was wonderful & truly a delight to start your day with. He kept a beautiful space & delivered exceptional service every morning. Giorgio & all other hotel staff were a real pleasure to see each day & went out of their way smile, greet & do their very best in every possible way.

The pool is also an impressive space with plenty of loungers always available and a beautiful sun terrace that captures all day sun.

What we didn’t like:

Where do I begin? This was the worst “4 Star” hotel I have ever stayed in many years of travelling Italy. Whilst the rooms have a lovely view, they are incredibly old, dated & in desperate need of renovation. The bathroom was so bad that the tiles & fixtures were mouldy, 4 out of 7 days we had no water whatsoever in the afternoons & when the shower did choose work it was either scalding hot, arctic cold or there was no pressure at all & genuinely like showering under a weak hose. We also endured a power cut during the middle of the night during one of the hottest nights during a heatwave causing the room to overheat.

In addition, the WiFi was also terrible & only available intermittently; hotel is unable to provide any access to iron or ironing board (only option to pay laundry service); hotel does not offer room service in late afternoon (when we called to ask we were told that only toast was available until 7pm) and the towels were like sandpaper - very old & clearly line dried, which is understandable given the Capri climate however line drying old towels is definitely unacceptable for a supposed 4 star hotel.
I should also warn that the rooms are not as they appear online nor on booking websites.

Our Superior Sea View Room was far from what is pictured online. In fairness to the hotel, when we raised our disappointment they were very apologetic & did offer to move our room and showed me 3 other superior rooms for me to choose from- none of these rooms looked anything like what is advertised online so fair to say, the photography is misleading here. Upon checkout, the wonderful kind hotel staff did apologise for our turbulent stay which made it clear to us, this is not a staffing issue but a management & facilities fail. We have stayed at all neighbouring properties over the years and firmly recommend considering another hotel in Capri before booking La Vega. The reviews for this hotel are quite positive which completely shocks me as in all honesty, there is no way this hotel should be classified as a 4 star property, it is merely a 3 if not 2 with a beautiful pool & View.

In short I’ve stayed at below average motels which compare to La Vega. 0/10 will not be going back.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank DGerous
Reviewed July 2, 2019

We just completed our second stay at Hotel La Vega. This was our second 8 night stay there and I must say it was our best vacation ever. We requested a particular room and that was exactly the room we got. Each room in the hotel offers a spectacular sea view, as well as a great view of the cliffs, homes, flowers, etc. that make Capri what it is. The main desk staff is VERY helpful with Capri information, restaurant & beach club reservations, suggestions, etc. Ten minutes after check-in, a knock at our door revealed Giorgio with two glasses of prosecco and snacks. The restaurant, Al Chiario di Luna, is excellent and offers lunches poolside, as well as dinner. The pool attendants were very attentive and accommodating with everything we requested. The owner can be seen on the premises at just about any time and is very nice and accommodating. Additionally, the location is perfect...out of the primary tourist area, but only a 5 minute walk to shopping and Piazza Umberto. Also, if you are a runner, a nearby .33 mile walking path is most likely the best running area on the island. It is primarily flat and the turnaround offers a spectacular view of Marina Piccolo. If you go to Capri, don't miss the Punta Carena Lighthouse at sunset; rent a boat from Capri Whales/Wendy and swim in the Blue Grotto after 5:30; be sure to go to Anacapri (better by taxi) for less expensive shopping; and spend a day at a beach club (Da Luigi, La Fontelina, etc.) - you won't regret it; venture into the heart of Capri (off the beaten path) to local markets and stores for food and other items you will love. Simply put, you cannot go wrong with Hotel La Vega and I could not give it a higher recommendation. Arrivederci!

Room tip: All room views are great
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Would never stay here again. We came here to spend 5 days in beautiful Capri and were treated very poorly. Our children were constantly under their glare. We had read on trip advisor that it was family friendly so we brought our children here. One of the men was talking so bad about us but he didn’t know that we are Italian ourselves so we understood him perfectly. He proceeded to come over and yell loudly at us that we had broken the pool umbrella. As we didn’t see no pool guy we were trying to close the umbrella ourselves. We have never been yelled at before! Totally unacceptable. The umbrella was clearly broken before we got it. There have been other issues in the hotel and we did not once complain that we were out of water to shower or that our room did not have a safe. Even our fridge when we checked in had a half water bottle in it . We could have been complaining but we have not up until now. I would advise anyone coming to Capri to choose another hotel. Such a shame

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2019

Great stay at a reasonable price. Hotel staff were fantastic, breakfast was wonderful and the views were worth the stay alone.

The rooms had patios with sea views. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the center of the piazetta.

Room tip: sea views are a must
Date of stay: May 2019