“Fantastic. We will return!”
Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked to return to this hotel before we left. It was that good. Lovely room, fantastic staff, really warm welcome. We couldn't fault it. One nice touch is the aperitifs they serve early evening. There is good choice and it's a nice start to the evening. They really know the good restaurants in Capri so it's worth taking advice, and the bag service to the port was faultless. Really strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen241

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The friendly welcome at the La Minerva by brothers Antonino and Luigi was just the beginning of an outstanding hotel experience. The rooms are beyond lovely, the view of the sea is stunningly beautiful, and the delicious breakfast on the rooftop terrace is served by one of the nicest gentlemen on earth. Our two night stay was enhanced by Luigi and Antonino's suggestions of restaurants and sights to be seen on Capri. Thank you, Trip Advisor, for helping us find this perfect place on Capri.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during our honeymoon, it was both our first time in Capri. As soon as we arrived we felt like we were in Heaven. The hotel was beautiful inside and out and was so relaxing to be in, but with any great place, it's the people that make it amazing. They were literally some of the friendliest people I've met, not just in Italy, but anywhere. We were treated like royalty, so much to the point where I felt like I should cook them a meal or make them a drink in return. When we had breakfast on the morning we had to move on, my wife was almost in tears when saying goodbye to Kamal. (if you've stayed here, you know this awesome dude) I've never stayed in a place that made me feel like this, Capri is magic, La Minerva is it's heart. I'll plan our next trip to Capri around La Minerva's availability. Miss it more everyday.

Room Tip: Definitely spring a little more for rooms with a terrazza. I think most have them except for a few...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cmh51812
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here as a couple last July for three nights before heading on to Sorrento. We had read the fabulous reviews about the hotel on tripadvisor and chose it on that basis. The reviews did not do the hotel justice but then I will struggle to find superlatives good enough to praise this hotel.

The hotel staff and owners for a start are absolutely wonderful, so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. Luigi and Antonino were so welcoming and gave out such great advice on what to do and where to go. Their suggestions were invaluable and they would happily go out of their way to make reservations etc. for us. Kemal served us the most delicious breakfasts on the patio (out of this world), lunches at the pool (an absolute oasis) and again he would go out of his way to get us whatever we wanted with a smile on his face and a friendly chat. Marco was similarly wonderful. We always went up at seven to the bar area (fantastic decor, breathtaking views on the balcony etc.) where he would choose and make cocktails for us and they were always delicious and he was so friendly too. We just could not speak highly enough of them all and really missed them when we left !

As for the hotel itself it is nothing short of paradise. We are quite fussy people (especially my girlfriend) but I can hand on heart say there is not one thing we could find fault in, it was just perfection. Our room was idyllic, we had a super large terrace with the most comfortable sun loungers and heavenly views. Every day there was a printed pamphlet left on our bed letting us know what was happening in Capri and giving a bit of history about the island as well. There were numerous small touches like that which just made us fall in love with the place. It was truly the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We went for my girlfriend's 40th birthday and I could not have been happier there save for us being there on our honeymoon ! We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room, wonderful terrace and seaviews. Very spacious room with beautiful furnis...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at La Minerva as part of a trip to Naples, Sorrento, The Amalfi Coast and Capri. It was the cheapest hotel we stayed in by some way. It was by far the best experience. And having travelled on 4 continents in dozens of countries and visited hundreds of hotels I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the best.

The staff are exceptional - friendly, attentive and knowledgable. They helped us with everything from restaurant recommendations, to great walking routes around the island, booking onward travel and dealing with every question we had. They even fixed my girlfriends hairdryer.

The food is done very cleverly too. They don't have dinner because, I assumed, they don't have room (or the need) for a big kitchen. No problem, plenty of places nearby, but for breakfast and lunch (which you can have by the gorgeous pool area looking out to sea), they have very simple options done brilliantly. Eggs of all sorts in the morning, fresh pasta or salad at lunch. Delicious.

The room was wonderful too. Large balcony looking out to sea and landscaped cleverly so that the surrounding buildings were obscured by plants and trees giving a great feeling of seclusion. Lovely bathroom with local Caprese tiles, comfy bed, good spacious storage, seating area, TV with more channels than you'd ever need to watch, good Wifi... what else do you need?

It's no surprise that La Minerva is one of the top choices on Capri. I have a policy of never staying anywhere more than once - life's to short not to explore more of what the world has to offer - but for La Minerva, I think I'm willing to make an exception...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Molvik
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the best hotel in Capri, hands down. Luigi, Antonino and the rest of the staff are simply amazing. Breakfast is served on the upper patio with a breathtaking view of Capri. There are only a few rooms so it has a family feel to it. My mother fell in Capri on our last trip and Luigi and Antonino treated us like family and my mother used the same surgeon that had operated on their granmother. They were with us every step of the way and Mariano came to see us (we were in a suburb of Naples) every day for 5 days. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Capri!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank bonovox1
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed in La Minerva last July for a few nights (2 adults and 2 teenagers, in two rooms on different floors) and I was reminded of this wonderful hotel only this morning seeing the tripadvisor's list of most romantic hotels to visit. And it's absolutely where it belongs.
We reserved our rooms well in advance and it proved to be necessary. We had a slack of one day before our flight to Denmark and thought we'd skip our other hotel in Nepals in favor of staying one more night in La Minerva. But even if the prices are quite steep, it was fully booked.
I'm well aware that writing this review more than half a year after we actually stayed in the hotel runs a risk of my memory bettering the whole experience. So let me be as factual as possible
- rooms are spatial and beautifully decorated in white and blue shades
- they have big and comfortable beds
- beautiful blue and white tiles on the floor in the rooms and in the bathroom, white furniture add to the romantic feel
- in both our rooms there were slide-in doors to a big porch with sun beds
- fantastic breakfast on the top of the hotel
- swimming pool which we had most of the time for ourselves, despite high season
- and last but not least, very friendly staff who takes pride in going an extra mile for their guests

Would love to come back there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family