“Wonderful hotel, with staff committed to warm and personable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful hotel, with staff committed to warm and personable service”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My husband n I stayed in the superior room for 3 nights during our holiday. It was a most lovely experience. The hotel itself is near the main shopping street. The room is big, the bed very comfy, plenty of wardrobe space, and the balcony offers a nice view and private space to lounge. TV offers lots of cable channels, and there is free wifi as well. The rooms are tidied twice a day, the first thorough one is during the day, and the second time is in the evening, so when u return to the room after dinner, the bed is prepared for the night, the lights are lowered, and lounge music is playing. The used towels are also changed as well.

Antonio, who mans the reception desk, and Kamal, who waits the tables, are very friendly, professional, and definitely made our stay there very comfortable. We are very grateful to the staff for the pleasant memories in Capri. Will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Luigi, Antonino and their staff made sure our stay in Capri was perfect! Our favorite hotel of our 5 week trip.

• Stayed July 2011
Genoa
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just spent three nights at La Minerva hotel: it was a really nice discovery. A beautiful 4 star hotel, with five star facilities and exceptional staff (see Kamal from the pool and Marco), a few steps from Via Camerelle, the shopping road. We stayed in a superior room with sea view and small but nice terrace with chairs and table for breakfast, even if the buffet on the top floor was delicious. We also had lunch by the pool and the 'spaghetti with gamberoni' was perfect. In the hotel there is no spa, but you have the possibility of choosing some treatments and have the beautician come to your room: I asked for a pedicure that was promptly organized for the same afternoon. What can I add? Do not hesitate to book a room as soon as possible!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miciogatto
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I wish I had booked a longer stay here. Capri overall was my favorite place in my visit to Italy. La Minerva was my favorite hotel. I felt well taken care of, and the views were breath taking from my patio. The room was very comfortable and nice as well. My only recommendation would be to remind first time visitors that the porters can help you bring the baggage up and you can take the funiculare up solo. Breakfast was great.

This is a hotel you must stay at at least once. Gorgeous.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was great! Perfect for me! From the wonderful breakfast, super clean rooms, free appetizers in the afternoons at the pool, and the great low prices!! This hotel is not to be missed! I will definitely be staying here on my next visit to Capri.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank EuroPro03
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Not only is this a beautiful property, but the customer service you receive from Luigi and Antonino is off the charts! These two welcome you to their hotel with a smile, complimentary drink and snack and obviously know how to hire the best. Kamal was with us every morning at breakfast serving up delicious cappuccinos and again by the pool in the afternoon to pour generous glasses of wine.

Our room was huge with a lovely balcony and comfortable lounge chairs where we enjoyed a peaceful tranquil view of the trees and ocean. The bed was by far the best and most comfortable one we slept in during our two week stay in Italy. It was like a big, white and fluffy cloud. On a side note, the professional salon blow dryer in our room was the greatest one I've ever used in a hotel before. Everything was top notch!

Please treat yourself to this beautiful boutique hotel. You will not be disappointed by the beauty, the 5 star customer service and the relaxing location near the center of Capri.
I truly hope we can return someday and stay at La Minerva again.

Room Tip: Book early, especially during high season.
2 Thank Katillac
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at LA Minerva for the first part of our ten day honeymoon in Italy. The Hotel is absolutely beautiful and located in a prime stop within walking distance to the main square and restaurants. The deluxe room was booked so we went with a Superior room. The room was very spacious and covered in beautiful Italian ceramic tiles. But my favorite part of the room was the large terrace with sea views. The terrace also had two large loungers that were very comfortable to relax on and watch the seagulls fly by. When it came to the service I don't think it could be beat! Luigi and his brother basically did everything for us. When they made us a restaurant reservations we always got the times we wanted and the best table with incredible views. They also arranged a private boat tour for us with a superb Captain named Marcello that knew the Island of Capri like the back of his hand and he gave us a wonderful tour. The complimentary breakfast is also another great feature this hotel offers. The food was outstanding and Kamal who will be taking care of you is absolutely the best!! All and all I cant say enough about this Hotel and the service. It was a perfect start to our Honeymoon and we and sure we will be going back!

4 Thank antknee78