“Afternoon Eats....”

L'Approdo Restaurant
Reserve with
L'Approdo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nothing is more exiting than going to an oceanfront restaurant, overlooking Marina Grande harbour.L'Approdo is a perfect setting for a relaxing dinner watching the sunset,and an ideal location for lunch.Our chef, togheter with his team bring many specialities. The best seafood is fresh, and prepared such a way as to accent the natural flavors of the sea.The menu included fish, lobster, shrimps, pasta, pizza, home made desserts and cakes, and a good selection of wine. Welcome and enjoy your dining experience!
Houston, Texas
“Afternoon Eats....”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived in the afternoon, when most of the restaurants in Capri were closed (many are closed from 3-ish to 7-ish). With few selections, our hotel recommended Ristorante L'Approdo. It is at Marina Grande, overlooking the water. The view is wonderful. First, I was appreciative that they were willing to work around my many food allergies, with the waiter checking with the chef to ensure that I would be safe. I had a tasty fresh fish fillet, while my boyfriend had a salad with squid, and the most tasty tomatoes! Sounds good so far, right? Well, we discovered that everything has a price, and if you're eating at one of the only restaurants available at 4:00 p.m., (1600), on the water side, you'll pay a premium price. I gave this restaurant only 4 bubble because of the comparable value - we found equally good service, as good or better food, and lower prices elsewhere, but if you are arriving outside of a typical service time, I would say this is a good choice!

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
“Surprise!!! Great food in the Marina Grande.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we arrived in the Marina Grande, it was raining and we were starving, so we didn't want to take the time to go up the funicular and gamble on a restaurant. Everything in the Marina Grande looked like a tourist trap, with photos of the food, people beckoning us to have a seat, etc... so we were expecting the worst. When we checked into our hotel, we asked for a recommendation of a nearby (and dry) restaurant. They recommended Ristorante L'Approdo. They told us Ristorante L'Approdo was not only the best in the Marina Grande, but one of the best on the island. We were starving, so even if they were getting a kickback from the restaurant, we didn't care. Surprise!!!! They were right. It was delicious, and one of the best meals we had on the island. Buon Appetito!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Brian L
Rovellasca, Italy
“different menus”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I read all the reviews Italian and English and was really looking forward to my dinner.
I arrived at 7.30 and was first to arrive, as i entered i spoke italian as i have lived here for 6 years, this was ignored and i received an English menu (i am English but never trust this after years of working in tourism) anyway the language was set and we continued in english.
I ordered from the english menu Peppered Mussels and spaghetti with anchovies with the idea to add a main course later. My concerns were confirmed when another couple sat at the next table and were explained in italian quite a different menu.
My mussels were ok, maybe a little overcooked but ok. Before my spaghetti arrived i requested an italian menu as i was interested to understand if i had misunderstood or there were different menus. There are different menus!!!! Peppered mussels did not exist on the italian menu but many more interesting things did.
My primi arrived and it was a tasteless mess, spaghetti with anchovies should be a bit of a strong salty flavour, this mushy dish had chunks of garlic instead of anchovy. To be honest i have no idea what it was as even the garlic did not show up in the taste, it was as if flour had been added to make the sauce but i dont know for sure.
I could not eat it and asked for the bill and left.....no apology, the pasta was not charged but a 2.50 cover charge was.
To sum up:
ofcourse the italians will be happy they have a great menu
The english/americans/english speakers are being taken for a ride with a tourist version of the menu........ask for the italian menu and ask them to translate, do not accept the inferior english menu

Prices of similar things were the same as far as i could see just the quality and choices were inferior....go to sfizio or tinello for good value honest food.

5 Thank exiledblue
“beautiful food and excellent service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to this restaurant twice during our stay. On both occasions the staff and food was outstanding. We would full recommend this restaurant to anyone. I would recommend you book a table because very quickly all the tables are full.

• Visited September 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Best pizza and staek sauce ever”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a long trip from Ischia we decided to get into the nearest restaurant for dinner. No regret. Very fast service, reasonably priced and of good quality white house wine. Everything we ordered was great. Diabolo pizza and fillet steak with porcini sauce - simply outstanding! 75 Euro for 3 with plenty of house wine. Their pizza man was working hard as lots of locals came to collect their pizzas at around 9 pm. I suspect they have got the best pizza in town.

• Visited July 2012