Tripadvisor
Capri
All reviews large balcony overlooking the sea deluxe junior suite evening cocktails wonderful hotel sister hotel capri style antipasti wonderful room dinner reservations off the beaten path morning breakfast favorite hotel beautiful view the main square beach club rooms are spacious memorable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Charming and romantic in an INCREDIBLE location! The staff were wonderful, the food was great, the ambiance was authentic and timeless. Our suite was incredibly spacious and had a beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains. Great WiFi (TV didn’t work). We enjoyed every second of our stay in room #46. Can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed July 25, 2019

As I am getting ready for our 4th year in a row coming to LA Scalinatella, I had to take the time to give a stellar review (although with a bit of hesitation that it will become even more difficult to get a reservation!).
We stayed 3 years ago in late September during our honeymoon and spent 4 nights. The next year we came late August and spent 6 nights. And last year and this summer we will also be coming late August and spend 8 nights! Hopefully next summer we can increase to 10 nights as it's never enough time to spend here. The hotel is another class of it's own - so elegant without overly fussy and with no detail overlooked. The staff is truly exceptional and I think of them as friends. The grounds are so beautiful and the views are incredible. It is intimate and private which i prefer to the larger hotels on the island. The morning breakfasts are beautiful, delicious and the staff will do anything to make anything you want if it's not on the menu. My husband and I honestly can't recommend this place enough and can not wait to come back!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2019

When you walk into this hotel you are re-joining your family. This hotel has no match anywhere in Europe for intimacy, professionalism and pure love . 30 rooms that all face the blue waters of Capri with an outstanding group of staff that are aware of your every wish and the word “ no” does not exist for them. Genarro the Maitre D’ has everything under total control, from lunch to evening cocktails . As a guest you are stepping into a hotel that is not a normal hotel, you are rejoining an establishment that is the pinnacle of service. You may have difficulty getting a room here because every guest returns at the same time the following year.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and well appointed, the bar is perfection and the food (only breakfast and lunch) is the best on the island. The antipasti bar plus a pasta at lunch with wine is the best meal in Italy. On top of this, the staff is so warm and wonderful. The manager (Genaro) is the nicest most charismatic man and his staff go above and beyond to make the time at the Scalinatella wonderful. We can not recommend this wonderful place enough and can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank NYCtraveler522
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Ok, I didn't even stay here or go inside. This review is just about me walking by this place. Just was in awe at the beauty of this place. It was perfectly situated in a quiet area of Capri but still close by everything. It had the most beautiful view of the vibrant blue sea. Every color around it was so bright and vivid. I saw a couple swimming in the quaint pool, and thought, "I will stay here someday".

Date of stay: May 2019