All reviews large balcony overlooking the sea deluxe junior suite evening cocktails fabulous lunch hotel feels wonderful hotel sister hotel capri style antipasti wonderful room off the beaten path morning breakfast favorite hotel pool area is dinner reservations beautiful view the main square
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and well appointed, the bar is perfection and the food (only breakfast and lunch) is the best on the island. The antipasti bar plus a pasta at lunch with wine is the best meal in Italy. On top of this, the staff is so warm and wonderful. The manager (Genaro) is the nicest most charismatic man and his staff go above and beyond to make the time at the Scalinatella wonderful. We can not recommend this wonderful place enough and can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Ok, I didn't even stay here or go inside. This review is just about me walking by this place. Just was in awe at the beauty of this place. It was perfectly situated in a quiet area of Capri but still close by everything. It had the most beautiful view of the vibrant blue sea. Every color around it was so bright and vivid. I saw a couple swimming in the quaint pool, and thought, "I will stay here someday".

1  Thank hrock_travels
Reviewed May 21, 2019

A stylish 5-start hotel and restaurant with an amazing view. Food is good (only tried the pasta and a salad), but the prices are almost ridiculously high! The service is great, and all in all it was well worth a visit. Expect 20-35 Euro for a (small) plate of (good) pasta.
Did not stay overnight....

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kehovda
Reviewed May 14, 2019

This was our second stay at La Scalinatella. We stayed here in a deluxe junior suite for three nights in October 2018.

What more can I say about this very special place? It's off the beaten path, allowing for moonlight strolls on a path overlooking the sea. It's quiet and serene and pure luxury. The concierge goes out of their way to help arrange funicular tickets, transportation to the ferry, dinner reservations, etc.

Our room this year was larger than our last visit, with a very large balcony overlooking the sea. I love that the rooms have two bathrooms, allowing for privacy and space.

When we arrived to the pool area, the man there made us a special meal of calamari fritti-it was honestly one of my favorite meals in the whole of our Italian trip. He was incredibly kind and relaxed, and we really enjoyed spending time with him.

This will always be our go-to in Capri.

Thank you again for a memorable stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

We visited with friends for my wife's birthday beginning of may
Chose this particular hotel from previous reviews we had read and was not disappointed
On arrival we were offered upgrades to sea view suites which was a great start to the week
What we liked was the attentive and informal but professional staff in this beautiful 5 star hotel
Nothing was to much trouble always very polite and friendly
From room attendants to managers to many names to mention but everyone was excellent
We really enjoyed lunch by the pool and choosing a selection of food at the fresh counter
Breakfast on the terrace with spectacular views you can't beat it
This hotel is in excellent location just a short stroll into town 5-10 mins which on a lovely summer evening is a delight in itself taking in the scenery and the little narrow streets
With this location comes tranquility away from the bustling crowds in the main square on their day trips
So many restaurants to choose from within walking distance
I can now see why so many of their clients return year after year as we also met some of them at the bar and poolside
I and my wife hope to also come back here in the near future absolute gem
Thanks again to everyone who made our stay unforgettable