All reviews large balcony overlooking the sea deluxe junior suite fabulous lunch hotel feels sister hotel capri style antipasti wonderful hotel wonderful room off the beaten path morning breakfast favorite hotel pool area is dinner reservations beautiful view the main square beach club
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, I didn't even stay here or go inside. This review is just about me walking by this place. Just was in awe at the beauty of this place. It was perfectly situated in a quiet area of Capri but still close by everything. It had the most beautiful view of the vibrant blue sea. Every color around it was so bright and vivid. I saw a couple swimming in the quaint pool, and thought, "I will stay here someday".

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hrock_travels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A stylish 5-start hotel and restaurant with an amazing view. Food is good (only tried the pasta and a salad), but the prices are almost ridiculously high! The service is great, and all in all it was well worth a visit. Expect 20-35 Euro for a (small) plate of (good) pasta.
Did not stay overnight....

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kehovda
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our second stay at La Scalinatella. We stayed here in a deluxe junior suite for three nights in October 2018.

What more can I say about this very special place? It's off the beaten path, allowing for moonlight strolls on a path overlooking the sea. It's quiet and serene and pure luxury. The concierge goes out of their way to help arrange funicular tickets, transportation to the ferry, dinner reservations, etc.

Our room this year was larger than our last visit, with a very large balcony overlooking the sea. I love that the rooms have two bathrooms, allowing for privacy and space.

When we arrived to the pool area, the man there made us a special meal of calamari fritti-it was honestly one of my favorite meals in the whole of our Italian trip. He was incredibly kind and relaxed, and we really enjoyed spending time with him.

This will always be our go-to in Capri.

Thank you again for a memorable stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited with friends for my wife's birthday beginning of may
Chose this particular hotel from previous reviews we had read and was not disappointed
On arrival we were offered upgrades to sea view suites which was a great start to the week
What we liked was the attentive and informal but professional staff in this beautiful 5 star hotel
Nothing was to much trouble always very polite and friendly
From room attendants to managers to many names to mention but everyone was excellent
We really enjoyed lunch by the pool and choosing a selection of food at the fresh counter
Breakfast on the terrace with spectacular views you can't beat it
This hotel is in excellent location just a short stroll into town 5-10 mins which on a lovely summer evening is a delight in itself taking in the scenery and the little narrow streets
With this location comes tranquility away from the bustling crowds in the main square on their day trips
So many restaurants to choose from within walking distance
I can now see why so many of their clients return year after year as we also met some of them at the bar and poolside
I and my wife hope to also come back here in the near future absolute gem
Thanks again to everyone who made our stay unforgettable

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We flew from Hong Kong to Naples then were recommended to stay in Capri here at La Scalinatella. I can only say from a person involved in Hospitality industry that the Team from Front Desk, Housekeeping , made a for memorable stay which was stress free and immaculate attention to detail. Head of F&B Gennaro is the grand master of ensuring theat Breakfast & lunch are bespoke with great service, and has outstanding recommendations for dinner in the vicinity.. Waiter Antonio is a classic gentlemen and craftsman in service.. I look forward to seeing these great people in October again..

Room tip: All rooms are good and spacious as i had to move on my last night due to extension.
Date of stay: April 2019