“Capri Banana Boat Hire - July 2013”

Banana Sport Capri Boat
Ranked #4 of 46 Tours in Capri
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We also spent a week in Sorrento last week. We enquired about boat hire on the way down to the port and were offered a 6.8 metre / 115 hp inflatable capable of carrying up to 10 people for €230 plus circa €60 for fuel from www.sorrentoboat.com.

I was a little concerned about going over to Capri under our own steam so we went over by ferry for the day. There were 5 of us and to my disgust the ferry cost a whopping €170!!

Capri is very special and beautiful place but the best way to see the Island in my opinion is from the sea. Hiring a boat is a must and after a bit of haggling, which produced no discount whatsoever and a fuel inclusive price of €120 for two hours in a higher powered 45 HP boat, we went ahead.

I was a little concerned, being a total landlubber but they show you the ropes and take you out to your boat etc and provide an ice container for your drinks! They also give you a map of the island which indicates the best places to stop. We all had a great time and, like most other reviewers, this was one of the highlights of our holiday. We went out for 2 hours which allowed us to go right around Capri and there was just enough time for a quick swim etc. I would go for 3 hours next time and take the snorkling equipment they offer. I would recommend this activity to everyone!

Visited July 2013

in 13 reviews
"instructions"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent a week in Sorrento last week and went over to Capri by ferry for the day. Capri itself is lovely but you would struggle to find things to do on the Island itself for a whole day. The best way to see the Island in my opinion is from the sea and hiring a boat off these guys was a great experience. The people that run the complany are very efficient. They show you the ropes and take you out to your boat. They also give you a map of the island to indicate the best places to stop. This was the highlight of our holiday. Like other reviews have mentioned, you can stop and swim where you like in all the pretty coves and beaches. The water is calm and fairly quiet. You pay once you return so if you run over time by an hour its not the end of the world. We went out for 3 hours which was ample time to swim, sunbathe and see all the sights. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I rented boat and spent a wonderful afternoon motoring around Capri at our own pace. We were able to anchor where we wanted, snorkel, swim, have drinks, and lay in the sun. The boat is large enough for four but if you want to lay in the sun after swimming in the Med, it is better suited for two people. Boats come with enough gasoline to motor around the island, snorkel gear, and an icebox. Bring limoncello with you, the icebox gets it to a perfect temperature for sipping. This was the best day we spent in the Amalfi coast area.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Almost two years later, the memory of renting from Banana Sport still stands as one of the highlights of our Italy vacation. It was easy and relatively inexpensive. Took a picnic lunch and wore our bathing suits. We anchored ane the water was incredible in early October. We treasure the photos we took and the video driving the boat through the offshore rock formation.
Headed back to Italy again for a cruise. We are hoping for a repeat experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We saw the advertisement for this company in Sorrento before boarding the hydrofoil to Capri and the price caught my eye since I had inquired in Positano and it was way more expensive for a lesser quality rubber boat. These are approximately 17 foot single engine modern boats with a cushioned area in the front for sunning and very easy to drive and maneuver. Their Banana- Capri Boat Rent umbrella and small desk is just on the other side of the ferry ticket booth at Marina Grande.

There you are welcomed by a representative who helps you fill out some minor paperwork and requires to hold your driver's license. They give you a map of the island with the different points off interest shown. Then a young man will come pick you up in your boat at the end of their private pier, give you a few basic instructions,(it is very easy to drive) and you will drop him off at one of their other boats and you will be on your way to an unforgettable experience around Capri Island for 2 hours ($80.00 May-June-Sept.-Oct. and $10.00 more July-August). You can rent it for an additional hour for $20.00 more in the lower season or $30.00 in July-August. On the return you will pick up their assistant at the same spot and he will bring you to the pier. It is well worth it and you will see beautiful inlets and views. Do not miss going through the arch of love in the faraglioni rocks. For swimming and relaxing you probably need the additional hour. We just did the 2 hours and it was enough to go around the island and go into some of the coves (blue grotto, green grotto, etc.) without getting off the boat. My wife was a little nervous at first not trusting my boating skills but afterwards she admitted that I did great even though it had been many years since I had driven a boat and especially since it was just the two of us.

Highly recommended!