“Gem”

Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place serves great, fresh food at such a great price and the views from the dining room are breathtaking. We stayed in Capri 7 nights and ate here every night. They have a wide selection of meals guaranteed to please everyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were recommended by our hotel, but the food was extremely salty. I like salty food but this was over the top. Actually the saltiest I have ever eaten. The only reason I ate it was because we had hiked all over the island that day and I was certain I probably needed to replace some salts. I think they overcompensated though. On the good side, my daughter had the Capri ravioli and found them quite good. Overall, I might go back to try again as the chef may have spilled his salt shaker in my dish, I hope that was the case, but I think if you do not want to take the risk, must walk by this restaurant and keep walking downhill until you reach Deja Vu which was excellent! You can read my recent review of the fine place! ciao!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I dined here with Italian friends at their suggestion. It was a very good choice. The food included a lot of regional dishes and those that we had were well prepared and very gustosi. The local wine was good and the prices for all were quite reasonable for Capri. The restaurant is perched on a hill in Capri town, and it overlooks Marina Grande and the Gulf of Naples. The view is magnificent. We arrived on a Friday night in late June relatively early - sevenish- and the restaurant was not crowded, but before we had finished, it was completely full, so reservations would be in order.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The best place to dine in capri...great ambience...lovely food...fresh seafood dishes...the pastas/risotto is amazing...the fried shrimp/squid tastes awesome...the house wine is pretty good...and quite reasonable compared to capri standards...

1  Thank amukho
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It was reccomended by a guy who lives in Capri; everything in the area was very expensive ; The food was very tasty and the prices were ok