“Disappointing Tourist Trap”
Review of Donna Rachele

Donna Rachele
Ranked #86 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nothing is more important than the quality of the food served. The primary ingredients used are always fresh and selected according to the season. The treatment begins with oil, one of the most prized and rewarded, as the‘pietra bianca del Cilento’ and ‘extravergine di Montechiaro’. The restaurant Donna Rachele is characterized by use of “Typicalproducts of Campania” with eight slow food principals including the Beans of Controne, the Anchovies of Menaica, the “Colatura di Alici”of Cetara and the White Figs of Cilento, the Cacioricotta of Cilentoand the Provolone del Monaco.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had high expectations for this place as the location is charming & the young girl out the front seemed genuinely welcoming -- BUT it was a big let-down; Prices on the menu and the bill were different - (we were charged more for every item), the waiter forgot our order; we received no bread; our meal was very small and not at all specially prepared; we were ignored on several occasions... only getting attention by jumping up to leave. The main focus of this restaurant is to make as much money as possible from as many unsuspecting tourists as they can. The owner hovers around but has no interest in the quality of the food or the service. This place unfortunately tarnished our experience of Capri.

1  Thank snstaylor

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Although you only get 5 ravioli, there was homemade and the most delicious I've ever tasted. Make sure you savor each bite, unless of course you travel to Capri often.

2  Thank YanksDude25
Reviewed September 29, 2012

we came for late lunch (after 3pm)
service was very good although there was a misunderstanding in the dish we ordered
the food was good

what I did not like is the fact that we got a service charge of about 15-20% and 2 euros additional per pizza and ended up paying about 6 or 7euros for the service
this is clearly abusive

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ordered Pizza Caprese and we got Margherita. Pizza was tasty though. Service charge 6 euro! Don't recommend even though it has a Tripadvisor certificate sticked to the main door.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant based on the reviews on Trips Advisor. The layout of the restaurant and decor is really fustic, cozy and atmospheric. If you can book a table for two on the two tiny private balconies! Very romantic. The lady outside the restaurant greated us warmly and ushered us inside. All indications at this point were positive. However thats when the experience started to go downhill.

They served us two large mussels in a jelly that was disgusting, and charged us €4 for them. I love fish but this was awful. They also have a cover charge of €2 and obligatory service charge of 10%! Service was sporadic at best. We had to ask twice for the wine list. When it finally arrived, the waiter whipped it up and gave it to another table without even asking if we were finished with it! We waited another 10 minutes before we managed to get one again.

When it became obvious to our waiter that we were not going to order the full gamout of anti pasta, first, second and dessert courses along with wine ... he drifted off! The owner served us a little and she was not smiling or even pleasant. My partners steak strips were full of fat. My pasta with meatballs was a v small serving (4 tiny meatballs) and was served very hard. I understand what Al Dente is .. firm and chewy. However this pasta was cracking in half on my tooth! When I asked to return it, the waiter never even apologised. When we tried to get the bill, he said .... oh no stay .. stay .. which was quite rude considering we wanted to go!

And the little white dog was a whole other story. I am a dog lover so I will refrain from criticising someone elses dog. However my partner was petting her and she was rolled over on her back .. loving it. When we were about to leave he went to pet her goodbye and she snarled at him and then bit on the leg of the chair!!! Jekyl and Hyde me thinks ..

Anyway there was a guy with a guitar accompanied by two girls singing. It was the nicest part of the Donna Rachele experience. Really sweet and pleasant to listen to when you were nursing your wine. They seemed to really enjoy singing and seemed totally genuine.

1  Thank LittleMissWitty