All reviews people watching rendezvous restaurant la colombaia concierge team poolside restaurant pool service pool area breakfast buffet designer shops five star hotel the location is perfect amazing hotel beautiful room visiting capri loved this hotel your luggage junior suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for 14 years and it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Adalberto Cuomo, the hotel director, genuinely cares about all of his guests. He will come and check on them each day and really works hard to make your stay so special. It is rare to find such a director. He has made this hotel even better than it has ever been and it has always been amazing. The staff at breakfast and lunch work so hard to serve the guests. Special mention to Giovanni Galliano, Francesco Ingenito and Luca Esposito who all make the breakfast and lunch times fantastic. Drinks on the terrace in the evenings are my favourite time of the day and it’s so lovely to sit and relax and watch the amazing people pass by. Special mention to Cristiano and Andrea and the rest of the bar staff in the evenings. This hotel is in the best location on the island and the staff make your stay a truly wonderful experience. Thanks also to Massimo whose welcome at the port is lovely and to Marco, Fabio and Roberto at the swimming pool. I will be back next year as I can’t stay away from this amazing hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my second time coming to this hotel for holiday. I came by myself and was welcomed with open arms at the hotel. The staff were very accommodating. The concierge made all the reservations from dinner to luggage service at the port with ease. The staff at the spa were wonderful, very friendly and provided excellent service. Let’s talk about the pool...beautiful views with a nice size to take a dip. Poolside service was great. My hotel room was spacious and the bathroom offered many luxurious amenities. I truly felt pampered and relaxed during my whole stay. I will definitely come back soon.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The rooms are nauseous and extremely old and you know what, I don’t really care how prestigious this hotel once was because if you walked in you would see that it not at all prestigious anymore. I don’t understand why they cannot renovate. Meanwhile this hotel is very expensive for nothing— maybe good location is the only good thing. Also, we asked for two toothbrushes and it took forever to come so we had to sit and wait in the room instead of going down to the pool. Then they came with just one. Then we had to wait again. We also asked if they had a microwave because we had special food to heat up, they said no problem they’ll send one up. When we called to inquire about the second toothbrush that still never showed up, we again asked for the microwave AND THEY TOLD US THEY DON’T HAVE ONE. So why did they tell us they did in the first place?!?! Another thing they should add to the hotel to keep up with the 21st century. Now I’m finally going down to the pool so yes, these are all complaints from the first hour alone. Never coming back here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noneno123
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Yes, we have been staying here for close to 20 years, and have relationships with many of the staff who are wonderful. The grounds and location are unparalleled in Capri.

However, it really is time for the owners of this property to properly update and renovate the hotel. So much potential. Yes the fresh paint job in many of the rooms is a step forward. Yes, it is immaculately clean. Truly it is. However, the bathrooms are just antiquated and the interiors are really tired (the showers are ridiculous). Other 5 star hotels in Capri have been renovated. For the prices this hotel commands, it is overdue.

Also, it claims to be a non smoking hotel. However, on this most recent stay, a heavy smoker checked in next door to us. When we called management to inquire, the initial suggestion we were given was to place a wet towel under our door. Then we were offered a room change further down the hallway. Keep in mind, no mention of addressing this with the other guest. Their attitude, was that the problem was ours. We moved. Except a day later, the stench had permeated the entire hallway of the wing we were in. The best part of the whole story, is that my husband met this person by chance one morning. Very nice actually. Was quite apologetic and shared that he is aware of his bad habit, and had an agreement with the hotel- he was paying an extra 1000 Euro per night so he could smoke in his room. We have been loyal and consistent clients for close to 20 years.

Please do not claim to have a smoke free policy in your hotel rooms if that is not true, and worse yet, bending those rules for extra money? For such an elegant and well respected hotel, so tacky.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonHH72
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Our experience as a mother/ daughter trip at the Quisisana was fun, dynamic, and energetic! The service, facilities, and our room were all excellent and lovely. The location of the hotel is perfect within the center of town, and everything was easily available to us. Luca Salvo, concierge was accurate and knowledgeable. Breakfast at this hotel was amazing in selection and scope. Marcello as our waiter every morning was charming and accommodating to our breakfast needs. We met so many interesting and nice people at this hotel, and we enjoyed ourself a few days of our week, a few hours a day poolside eating a delicious lunch. This hotel is filled with glamour in terms of the hotel itself and the people that stay there as well. We will be back summer of next year-2020!

Room tip: Speak to reservations directly about a good room.
Date of stay: July 2019