“One of the Best!”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Johannesburg, South Africa
“One of the Best!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our holiday and the hotel was one of our highlights! Its central to the small city, we could walk to just about every attraction of the small island and back to our hotel with ease in direction. The rooms are spacious, we where on the second floor and the view from our room was absolutely breath taking, of the pool and ocean with the mountain.

We had a "romantic package" which included champagne in the room as welll as full body treatement. The spa treatment was not great, we where put in separate rooms, and the therapist didn't seem too enthusiastic, as it was too quick, invasive and not the usual courtous gestures one would expect from the therapistist I had. I would opt for a spa treatment outside this hotel. I had the impression that our skin colour was not suitable for whom they are used to service. When we left they had a meeting at their reception, from what I could pick was some conversation regarding the treatment of different nationalities.

Breakfast was lovely as usually, with everything that you could ever ask for, the kitchen manager, managed that area efficiently and we had a variety of delicious breakfast snacks. Reception staff was pleasant to deal with and we had no issue from the beginning till the end of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nandi N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is nothing to fault, yet again,. at thsi amazing hotel. Great location, bar, pool, breakfast, rooms, view, staff..........

Stayed a week this time and I highly recomend it.

I have stayed at the Quisi on a n umber of occasions and found it to be a great hotel, worthy of it's rating in every way (which is not always the case in Italy)

Room Tip: I personally thinkt he best value are the cheaper rooms becuase you get a huge terrace overlooking t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SMVC
Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Quisisana is a lovely 5-star property in a central location, 100 yards from the main square in the town of Capri. We were in an upgraded room, which was nicely appointed. The bathroom was spacious, with good shower and tub. But I fell in love with the circular outdoor infinite pool. Swimming is my thing, and this heated pool put me in a state of nirvana, with the pool all to myself at 5:30 in the evening. They also have an indoor pool. The hotel has elegant well furnished public spaces on the lobby floor, as well as a spa and two restaurants--one less formal restaurant by the pool, and another in a more formal setting off the lobby. Service was very attentive at both restaurants. The maitre d' helped with wine pairings during dinner, and opened a new bottle when we just wanted a glass. As should be expected at a 5-star hotel, the staff was alert, energetic, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RebelVirginia
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in September for 2 nights. Capri is very crowded, but once you go inside this hotel it is like an oasis. Our room was very large with a separate sitting area .We also had a gated court yard with tables and chairs, which was great to have coffee or a drink. The pool, bar and restaurant were also right there. We found the staff very attentive. We also travel a lot and think that you are treated the way you treat other people. Drinks are expensive, but you are on an island and have to expect that, some people have to complain about everything and if you are in a hurry to get a drink, the bar is right by the pool, get it your self.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chru98
bangkok
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights beginning of October in room 310. Check in was fast. Room was a very comfortable size with every amentities one would expect in a 5 star hotel and then some....aroma candles. The room itself had a very santorini like design....all white with dome. only annoyance was the shower space....I had to shower in the tub but instead of shower curtains, it had a shower tube that enclosed the user. I'm 6 feet and an athletic 180lbs....and it was a tight fit. Meaning if the user was overweight.....u would not be able to move in the tube. Terrance was big and nice....had pool and sea view. Breakfast was very good. Big selection. Service was fast....I read a review where they found the staff to be rude and this was not not true....only a slightly stiff cashier when I checked out. I don't know why that person wrote about rude ness but I would a
Imagine if you acted as you belong then....

I had a drink late afternoon in sitting area in front of the hotel...had a duvel...yes I know I should have had something Italian but who cares. Priced at 12 euros is the price pay in bkk. The location is fantastic. Bait of a walk to get to from the entrance of the main area, but the hotel itself serves as the entrance of the main area. Great for people watching while the wife shops.

I would return here because I had dinner at the Capri palace and would not stay there because of the distance and it is not as nice as quisisana....I asked to see a room similar to the price of my room at the quisisana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent 3 divine days at the Quisi! Every detail is impeccable, from the decor to the devine signature products. Gorgeous tiled rooms, fresh orchid on vanity, crystal chandelier, plenty of closet space, large bathroom with jet shower! Room was lovely, facing pool and garden with extra long terrace with table and chairs, couch and two chaise lounges. The location and property are perfect. Beautifully landscaped grounds with gorgeous views, centrally located for easy shopping/dining and relaxing. Fantastic walk behind the hotel along the Via Krupp to the Augustus Gardens, Carthusia perfumery and Marina Piccola beaches below. Drinks on the Quisi terrace very relaxing and atmospheric. Outdoor/Indoor pools heavenly. Service was gracious, Concierge excellent with recommendations for dining and help with arranging luggage/porter to hydrofoil. Effortless! I look forward to my return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KerinBoston
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The really bad reviews below almost put us off despite the recommendation of our travel agents. Thank goodness they did not and I can only assume the complainants are from a differnt planet . It was faultless in every way - location, service,concierge, front desk ,room and view. We stayed in 5 star hotels in Sorrento and Posetano during our trip -all good but outshone by this hotel. Sheer class and we have stayed in great hotels all over the world.

It is expensive though as is Capris generally so if you are countiung the pennies don't go

Room Tip: We had a lovely room and view but at a price. We suspect from other reviews room choice and price m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple