“I Loved the Pool!”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Virginia
“I Loved the Pool!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Quisisana is a lovely 5-star property in a central location, 100 yards from the main square in the town of Capri. We were in an upgraded room, which was nicely appointed. The bathroom was spacious, with good shower and tub. But I fell in love with the circular outdoor infinite pool. Swimming is my thing, and this heated pool put me in a state of nirvana, with the pool all to myself at 5:30 in the evening. They also have an indoor pool. The hotel has elegant well furnished public spaces on the lobby floor, as well as a spa and two restaurants--one less formal restaurant by the pool, and another in a more formal setting off the lobby. Service was very attentive at both restaurants. The maitre d' helped with wine pairings during dinner, and opened a new bottle when we just wanted a glass. As should be expected at a 5-star hotel, the staff was alert, energetic, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RebelVirginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in September for 2 nights. Capri is very crowded, but once you go inside this hotel it is like an oasis. Our room was very large with a separate sitting area .We also had a gated court yard with tables and chairs, which was great to have coffee or a drink. The pool, bar and restaurant were also right there. We found the staff very attentive. We also travel a lot and think that you are treated the way you treat other people. Drinks are expensive, but you are on an island and have to expect that, some people have to complain about everything and if you are in a hurry to get a drink, the bar is right by the pool, get it your self.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chru98
bangkok
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights beginning of October in room 310. Check in was fast. Room was a very comfortable size with every amentities one would expect in a 5 star hotel and then some....aroma candles. The room itself had a very santorini like design....all white with dome. only annoyance was the shower space....I had to shower in the tub but instead of shower curtains, it had a shower tube that enclosed the user. I'm 6 feet and an athletic 180lbs....and it was a tight fit. Meaning if the user was overweight.....u would not be able to move in the tube. Terrance was big and nice....had pool and sea view. Breakfast was very good. Big selection. Service was fast....I read a review where they found the staff to be rude and this was not not true....only a slightly stiff cashier when I checked out. I don't know why that person wrote about rude ness but I would a
Imagine if you acted as you belong then....

I had a drink late afternoon in sitting area in front of the hotel...had a duvel...yes I know I should have had something Italian but who cares. Priced at 12 euros is the price pay in bkk. The location is fantastic. Bait of a walk to get to from the entrance of the main area, but the hotel itself serves as the entrance of the main area. Great for people watching while the wife shops.

I would return here because I had dinner at the Capri palace and would not stay there because of the distance and it is not as nice as quisisana....I asked to see a room similar to the price of my room at the quisisana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spent 3 divine days at the Quisi! Every detail is impeccable, from the decor to the devine signature products. Gorgeous tiled rooms, fresh orchid on vanity, crystal chandelier, plenty of closet space, large bathroom with jet shower! Room was lovely, facing pool and garden with extra long terrace with table and chairs, couch and two chaise lounges. The location and property are perfect. Beautifully landscaped grounds with gorgeous views, centrally located for easy shopping/dining and relaxing. Fantastic walk behind the hotel along the Via Krupp to the Augustus Gardens, Carthusia perfumery and Marina Piccola beaches below. Drinks on the Quisi terrace very relaxing and atmospheric. Outdoor/Indoor pools heavenly. Service was gracious, Concierge excellent with recommendations for dining and help with arranging luggage/porter to hydrofoil. Effortless! I look forward to my return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KerinBoston
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The really bad reviews below almost put us off despite the recommendation of our travel agents. Thank goodness they did not and I can only assume the complainants are from a differnt planet . It was faultless in every way - location, service,concierge, front desk ,room and view. We stayed in 5 star hotels in Sorrento and Posetano during our trip -all good but outshone by this hotel. Sheer class and we have stayed in great hotels all over the world.

It is expensive though as is Capris generally so if you are countiung the pennies don't go

Room Tip: We had a lovely room and view but at a price. We suspect from other reviews room choice and price m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas J
Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a repeat visit to the Quisi for us. The location is fabulous, so we decided to book and se if the negative reviews were still applicable. Upon checking in, we were told that they had upgraded our room. We had asked that the two rooms we needed be on the same floor, and they were. There was only a problem with the air conditioning being too cold in the room, but we just turned it off. The Euro exchange rate was 1.31 while we were staying, and the hotel only charged 1.32 to exchange. Fantastic considering the Rome hotel was charging a ridiculous fee. Breakfast was good. Drinks on the terrace had a snafu where they charged the item on the wrong person's credit card and the waiter would not fix it so the people involved settled in cash themselves, but other than that, the stay was delightful. Beds so comfortable, sheets changed daily, wonderful bath products. The concierge arranged our train and transfers to Rome for us with no problem, and everyone was completely helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Barueri, SP
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Quisisana is not the sort of hotel because of some specifics. Their specific is the attention to every detail, the refinement, the discretion that confirms that money talks and wealthy whispers. The view from the cliffs is unforgetable and the whole of the hotel. I have been there for a week-end of conferences and coaching to the CEO of seven major companies of a certain segment (sorry but I can not be more specific), that was in 2006 and until today I use the Quisisana as my unity for measuring excellency in hotels. And do believe me that I am a professional airline passenger that once was dumped by a girlfriend that was an airline stewardess because she could not cope with my travels, claiming that contrary to her I did not have a scale forecasting my trips. I simply wish I could one day go back to the Quisisana.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business