“Delicious food but inconsistent service”

Ristorante Il Geranio
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to this delightful restaurant for years and have always experienced great food and service. Last night the food was still wonderful but the service was erratic. Started off well but by the end of the evening we felt largely ignored by the staff. Others were offered complimentary drinks etc whilst we left largely unnoticed. Not sure if it's because we booked through the internet rather than our 5 star hotel but it shouldn't matter.

Will still return next year to hopefully have a better experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My favourite restaurant on the island
Been coming to capri since I was a child and must have dined in all the restaurants of capri. This place it's special. A special mention to Gianni a true host can't say enough good thinks about him... He remembers what me and my wife drink and eat even if 1 year has gone by since my last visit!!! If you love food and love to be pampered you must come here

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I ate here twice Dinner and then lunch two days later during our stay in Capri. If you book it for lunch ask for a table closest to the ocean view and what a view it is. The staff are so friendly and the food was wonderful. Their homemade pasta was so tasty and they will be happy to put whatever sauce you feel like on it, their Eggplant Parm is great too. We truly enjoyed it!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The setting is Beautiful overlooking the famous rocks, nested amongst the trees. The food was beautiful, really nice and the best starter I had whilst on holiday. The service when we got there was excellent, a warm welcome, lots of handshakes. It then got a little worse as the main meal was taking place and the attention seemed to divert to an expensively dressed couple. Then when the bill came , the service seemed to pick up again, they were very chatty and almost hinted for a tip. Lovely lovely place, just need to be consistent with their service.

1  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

nice view !
The service is good for the familiar people!

The wine is bad!
The salmon is salty.
The steak is everage.
The grilled squid makes me vomit!!

ESPECIALLY SERVICE CHARGE IS OVERCHARGED I EVER HAVE BEFORE!!