Review Highlights
Well worth the money!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sightsee619263
via mobile
Outstanding Customer Service !!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
SWAFLYTRAVEL

All reviews hour tour blue grotto private tour fantastic boat highlight of our trip family run beautiful caves grotta azzura island history these guys points of interest boat ride his knowledge amazing tour italy trip once in a lifetime small boat
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I were excited to visit Capri and wanted to do a boat tour around the island! We looked at a lot of companies and most were either too expensive or they were cheap and you would be one of 30 passengers on the boat. We wanted a more personalized experience. For €40 per person we were told we would be in a group of max 12 people. On the day of we were pleasantly surprised that it was just us and a group of 3, 5 total! There was plenty of room and the boat definitely could’ve fit more than 12! We coasted the island for 2 hours, stopping to swim in a cave which was very cool! The skipper was very personable and pointed out some fun and historical facts about the island as we drove by. We couldn’t ask for a better trip, and for just 40 Euro we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The highlight of our trip was taking this private boat tour with Capri Whales. My husband planned a trip to Italy for my 50th Birthday. We visited Positano and Capri. While in Capri, we met a wonderful young lady by the name of "Nicole" who explained the details / options of this boat tour. Nicole was professional, kind and very enthusiastic. We decided to go with the tour she recommended. She even went above and beyond by providing something special for my birthday. Our tour boat guide was also outstanding, as well as "Stefano" who was equally as wonderful. Indeed, there are many boat tours to choose from, but none come as close to the outstanding service, quality, kindness and ethics as Capri Whales. Again, we cannot convey enough how pleased we were with Capri Whales di Wendy and will no doubt use their services again in the near future. We highly recommend them to anyone seeking a memorable lifetime experience.

A special and sincere thank you to Nicole, Stefano, and Mariano for this wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Did a small group swimming/sightseeing tour and had a fabulous time! It was the best way to see the island. Don't hesitate booking with these guys. It was amazing.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We joined the 2hour small group boat tour around Capri. After hearing that most of the companies skip the Blue Grotto die to crowd, Capri Whales seemed like a good option since they ensure this. Not only we saw Blue Grotto but they also extended our trip 1hour for free, let us swim in Green Grotto and at another cave, and the our guide was amazing as well. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW the most incredible experience. When we arrived on the island we booked onto the 3pm group tour and Wendy kindly told us the best way to get around the Island for the day and gave us a map. When we came back at 2:50pm for our tour we got to stroke their great dog cooper before being told that we were the only people on the tour so it would essentially be a private tour! The tour itself was amazing, we stopped in 3 locations for swimming, we even got to swim in the blue grotto as it was after 4:30 and the grotto had therefore closed for the day! Our guide Alessandro knew everything there was to know about Capri and was so lovely and patient when we swam for quite a while as there was so much incredible sea life to see (including octopi and all sorts of tropical fish!) On the ride home we were even accompanied by jumping fish, the most beautiful end to an incredible tour, thank you so much Capri Whales!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

2 weeks booked in Italy. Paid a 50 euro deposit for a boat, but due to personal matters could not attend. Emailed in good time. They emailed back and were kind enough to say they would refund the deposit. They never did. I emailed a couple more times, they never emailed back. Just be 100% sure that you can take the trip as 50 euro is a lot to lose.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I knew we wanted to go on a boatride around Capri but we were contemplating whether to drive the boat ourselves or to use a skipper. Ultimately we decided to drive it ourselves since we wanted the privacy and the experience of sailing around Capri ourselves. We hired a boat for €250 for 8 hours from 10AM-6PM. Wendy’s place was very easy to find, it was right by the marina and she greeted us warmly and explained the different parts of the island that we should visit. The boat was easy to use and we had a blast at sea. Wouldnt have done it any other way. Thank you Wendy!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Our trip with Enzo was absolutely fantastic, we hired the boat for 2 hours (€150). What can I say it was the best way to see Capri, our guide was funny, knowledgeable and I still have no idea how he got the boat in and out of the Small grottos. My girlfriend and I had the boat to ourselves which was decked out in cushions and towels. We stopped to have an unforgettable swim in one of the grottos. I would advise you skip the blue grotto as the queue of boats and the queue on land was a bit much.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Stop! Look no further! Do yourself a favor and rent a boat from Capri Whales if you want the greatest Capri experience on the open seas possible. The last time I stumbled on them by accident after taking a very disappointing/over crowded tourist boat ride around the island. This time, I scheduled our excursion online (very easy process with Stefano and Wendy) and requested the 7.5 meter boat so we could get close to the grottos. We arrived and were warmly greeted by Wendy and Stefano - good people. They paired us up with Captain Alessio - simply put, HE IS THE BEST! I quickly introduced our gang and told Alessio that we were easy going, wanted to have fun, and wanted to do a lot of swimming. Alessio recommended we skip the Blue Grotto and the long wait and he said he would show us smaller grottos (just as nice), hidden areas and great swimming places - HE DELIVERED!!! We all had a blast swimming in four great spots around the island. We were never told to get back on the boat, we swam in each spot and we decided when to get back on. Most of the areas he took us to, we were the only ones there. Alessio was able to pull the boat right up inside of the grottos and stayed until we saw everything. He gave us great recommendations from where to grab a fresh sandwhich, how best to get to the top of the island from the marina, and things to see. Do yourself a favor, book with Capri Whales and request Alessio.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

My husband and I travelled to Sorrento from Canada with our two adult sons. We had already booked private tours to the Amalfi Coast and the Island of Capri - and after visiting Capri, we knew that we HAD to see it by water and swim in that beautiful sea! I did some searching online and found Capri Whales di Wendy, and booked a 3-hour boat cruise on the 10 meter boat. On the day of the cruise, we arrived before our scheduled time, very happy and excited about the excursion - but the woman who greeted us (not Wendy herself) seemed extremely tired and frazzled - not at all welcoming or warm in any way. It appeared to be a very disorganized environment - with this woman searching for her invoice pad, finding it, then misplacing it again - and complaining aloud to herself (and anyone else that would care to listen) the entire time. After paying for our excursion, we realized that we needed to change into our bathing suits since we wouldn't be able to do so on the boat. When I asked if there was possibly a change room that we could quickly use, I was told, "I wish you would have told me that! I put boxes in there and now I have to clean them out!". When I suggested that it was okay, we could just use a washroom instead (meaning a public washroom somewhere else), she responded with, "We don't have one!" We ended up using the change room, but when Stefano (the owner, who seemed friendly enough) came to get us for the cruise, the last of the four of us was still changing. The woman said to him (complete with eyeroll), "They are still changing!" Off to the boat we went, and our skipper, who was a younger man, did not introduce himself to us or do much speaking at all - and when he did speak, we had trouble hearing him over the sound of the motor. We were expecting some sort of introduction and explanation as to how the 3-hour excursion would be structured, but he did not seem at all passionate (or even interested) in his job. He was on his cell phone most of the time - even when driving the boat - and when we spoke to him, he answered once he was finished watching whatever he was watching on his cellphone. A few times we asked if we could swim in the spot we were in, but were told "no, not here" - or were simply ignored. When we did swim, we had to ask for goggles (we were told snorkelling equipment was included), but were told that there were only 3 sets. (Interestingly, at the end of the cruise my husband saw more goggles in a cupboard that was opened ... did he not know they were there, or did he not feel like getting them out?) I'm not sure who we had as a skipper that day, but the other reviews talk about how wonderful their skippers were ... so was this just a fill in? Based on the positive reviews, I really feel as if we somehow missed something. I am at a loss, as we polite people who are extremely easy to please, and his was the ONLY poor customer service we had on our entire visit to Italy - whether it be on our airport transfers, private tours, restaurants, stores, hotel - anywhere. It is really a shame, because the excursion itself is such a good one. Poor customer service both at the store AND on the boat ... something was amiss here. Thankfully, the Island of Capri is just a beautiful place to be, and we enjoyed the experience that day because there was no way we couldn't!

1  Thank LorMo