“Excellent way to explore Capri!”
Review of Gianni's Boat

Gianni's Boat
Ranked #1 of 41 Outdoor Activities in Capri
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent way to explore Capri!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I and my husband went to Capri for our Christmas holiday last year. We were wandering about on the port in search for a ship/ big boat with group of people on it with a perfect guide; given the fact that, we were a bit scared of the rough water and were thinking, taking a small boat with no other people on it apart from us and the guide would make matter worse. That's when we met Antonio, our amazing boat guide, sailor, and whatever you say, but most importantly an amazing human being! Extremely skillful and very knowledgeable. He offered us a private boat tour for a very reasonable price and showed us his beautiful, clean and spacious boat. Yeah, comparatively smaller one which made us a bit skeptical initially, but what we explored and experienced later, is something we will cherish throughout our lives. First thing, going on a private tour meant, we sailed on the water in our own pace, having a through view of the spectacular island, taking pictures, gaining knowledge of the island and much more. Antonio gave us every little detail. Sometimes when the water was rough, Antonio perhaps could make out from our face that we were scared, that’s when he calmed us down, saying we are in safe hands and these little ups and downs are very normal and nothing to worry about. Thanks Antonio. You made our day. Secondly, we could ask Antonio loads of question about the local people, their lifestyle, staple food, their occupation, festivals etc. and he was happily answering us with a smile and the way Antonio was explaining every little detail, we could feel we were falling in love with Capri more and more! We came to know, life is so uncomplicated there!! Antonio, next time we visit, we want you and your boat and you promised me a bottle of Limoncello made by your wife :)!! I would recommend Gianni's boat to everyone visiting Capri.

Visited December 2013

Houston, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a bit of a rough start…I couldn't find the meet-up girl, the boat was a bit late…blah blah blah. I am a perfectionist, so that did not make me happy, b/c doing that whole process wasted a good hour, BUT, after speaking with Gianni over the phone, we were able to work it out. The actual boat experience was lovely. Our captain was a sweetheart/very helpful/attentive, etc. The boat was beautiful: loved the wood-had a front part with cushions to bask in the sun on-loved that! We got to see all the grottos and other important spots around the island. It was all very relaxing. My husband and I thought about renting our own boat and having him drive it (he is an experienced driver), but we are so glad we did not. Although cheaper to go that route, this was definitely more relaxing…more of something you do when on a VACATION. The waters around the island can be quite rough, and the boat traffic can be a bit overwhelming. It was so nice to sit back and have someone else show us around and even take our photo once or twice! The limoncello wasn't bad either...

Visited September 2013
2 Thank shertravels
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Relaxing with great local knowledge”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We only had time for a brief day trip to visit Capri and taking a relaxing boat ride around the island was the perfect kick start to our honeymoon holiday. Gianni was excellent and responsive over emails as well as being very easy to find once we arrived in the port. Roberto (i think?!) took us around in the boat and gave us a great run down of the island's history and pointing out the natural beauties as we leisurely cruised around. He took us to the perfect spot to jump in and swim around, meeting us on the other side of the rock formation, we swam through. The water was cold for May but it was so refreshing, we jumped into the water again later! Beautiful, relaxing and well worth the value.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Valencia, Spain
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Very personal and friendly service! Awesome way to see Capri!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

To be welcomed so friendly at the coffee shop by Gianni's father and his friends, early in the morning is really very nice. You can tell it's a family business and me and my family were invited for coffee, to wait a few minutes before our captain arrived.

The private boat tour was a gift of me and my brother for my parents because they were celebrating their 50st Anniversary. We were there in August when it was hot and sunny so it was a great way to cool down at sea. Our captain was a friendly Italian who explained us a lot about the coast of Capri.

We had chosen for a tour with swim stop. That was practically the highlight of our tour for my parents in particularly! They had lived at Curacao for 13 years and hadn't been swimming since then in such beautiful surroundings, in such clear sea water with such a wonderful temperature.

My father is a photographer and was able to take amazing pictures of our tour and the boat is fully equipped for snorkling, swimming and you can bring your own food and drinks to make it a little less expensive.

Capri is an amazing island which you can only take in fully if you go by boat around the island. It's really much nicer to do so in private, instead of going with fully packed boats with lots of tourists. If I go to Capri again I will certainly book my tour with Gianni's boat!

Visited August 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We met Gianni at the coffee shop, where he (his father who also came to meet us) and all the staff were so welcoming and lovely. We were also meeting friends to join us on Gianni's boat. We expected them to be late but Gianni was fine with this and told us how to get to anacapri on the bus (which was a wonderful experience in itself) while waiting for our friends to arrive. He did not mind that we might be late leaving, he was very flexible and relaxed. We then spent 3 hrs going around the island in his boat, stopping in many beautiful grottos. Gianni gave us lots of information, he was clearly well informed and passionate about the island. It was such a relaxing and beautiful experience that words cannot capture it. We think (our group of 4) that Gianni's boat tour is a must if going to Capri. It felt like we were experiencing Capri and not just visiting it.

Visited December 2013