“Very nice trip”

and up
Private Island of Capri Boat Tour for Couples
Ranked #1 of 44 Outdoor Activities in Capri
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Gianni's boat trip is so memorable for me and my boyfriend, I booked with them a month in advance via email cause we are taking a Mediterranean crusie and will arrive only a day in Naples, I booked a half day tour with them which is really a best decision ever, we really enjoy it and thanks Gianni, Paulo & Johnny all of them are so friendly ad we also enjoy the per-arranged lunch at cafe Augusto.

1  Thank MaryWan666

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I organised this trip for my wife"s 50th birthday along with a 4 night stay on the island. This was by far the highlight, a superb half day excursion with the personal touch, attention to detail, service and style.
If you have the opportunity, don't miss it, your other half will love it, romantic yet great value for money and a totally professional operation ran by a local family (Paulo & Gianni) who understand the importance of a first class service.

Sam in Cornwall

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let me start by saying this tour around Capri was absolutely stunning--but I think that would be true on any boat tour around the island. It's simply a stunning scene. You can't go wrong!

That said, when I travel, which is often, one of the things I most enjoy is the opportunity to engage with the people that I meet along the way. It is the interaction with the people you meet along the way that enriches the overall experience.

After reading so many rave reviews I expected Gianni to be far more warm and engaging than he was. In fact, he barely spoke at all, pointed only a few things out, and was often on his phone during the tour. Perhaps he had the impression that we wanted to be left alone to enjoy the tour quietly. Not sure. But I was not left with a feeling of warmth from him--felt more like he was going through the motions the day he took us out.

He was excellent at communicating via e mail, and seemed enthusiastic over e mail, but in person he was less than charming. Perhaps it was just an off day for him. His rate was very reasonable being that it was not yet the high season, and his boat was nice, though basic.

We had a wonderful day, it just could've been improved had he tried a bit more to engage us along the way....

Despite this we did love the tour overall and would do it again, perhaps with another company. There are many boats to choose from....

3  Thank wanderlust1970
TalkingCricket, Direttore at Gianni's Boat, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hi,
how are you?
Thank you for writing this feedback and thank you to TA for the chance to reply.
I am totally agree with you , Capri i so Wonderful.
We took a great tour of Capri, the water was so clean, the sea smooth, Capri is beautiful as always
Think that was my first tour in 2013, I was so emotioned. I refind the island enchanting as I left on November.
During the wintertime is usually bad weather, This winter I read some books about Capri, i have a lot to tell about.
I am sorry for the miserunderstandig, I thought you were whispering and enjoying the tour like two lovers in honeymoon. I left you in your sweet intimacy.
And sorry if I replied at the phone just a couple of times, a guest lost the ferry and he was apologizing( I told him don't worry, we will take the trip a bit later) and the guest for my brother was not finding the meeting point. Sorry if I stole your time , I ask permission from you before replying.
thank you for finding my rates , good and for my boat that is simple with finishes in mahogany and teak and mattresses with clean covers of happy colours from the yellow , the orange, the light blue to the lilac representing Capri feel
When I take a boat tour I am always happy, I love to be by the sea.
My friends are surprised when I take a day off , because I go on the boat with them , or with my girlfriend or alone with my thoughts and fantasy. My hobby coincides with my job
I hope you could come back to Capri soon, I will be happy to be invited at your boat trip or I will be glad to invite you at the house of my parents for a drink. A pleasure for me to have a deep conversation about our lives.

About the charm and the warmth , I remember I sang " Parlami d'amore Mariu'" for you crossing the Arch of Love of Faraglioni rocks like the lovers of Dolce &Gabbana

I would love to underline that Capri is beautiful, it doesn't need anyone to describe his beauty even if the many sailormen as me try everyday to be part of this unbelievable paradise.

Warm Regards

Gianni Tedesco

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stumbled across Gianni while searching the web for things to do while on the Amalfi Coast. I emailed him for information and received a very quick reply. Our plans were not solid so I asked him if his schedule could be flexible and he couldn't have been more gracious and willing to accommodate us. I told him I would call him to let him know if time permitted and thankfully it did.

My husband and I met him just off the ferry pier in Capri right on time and he brought us to the boat where his brother Paolo was waiting. The boat had a motor and a sail and could probably have held 6-8 on the deck, which was padded and immaculate, with towels and a cooler of drinks waiting for us. Paolo took us around the island, explained the history, and pointed out all the sites, stopping along the way for photos and a swim. The weather wasn't cooperating enough that day to go into the Blue Grotto, but it didn't matter. We went off the beaten path into other grottoes Paolo knew, which we had to ourselves. The scenery was beautiful even with the overcast sky. The half day we spent with Paulo was fabulous.

We didn't have time for more than an aperitivo before boarding the ferry back to Sorrento, but shopping and seeing the town wasn't the purpose of this outing. It was just to have a beautiful, relaxing afternoon at sea which we did. We would highly recommend CapriWonderful for a Capri tour; and if our travels take us back there, we will definitely be contacting them again.

1  Thank gdebor
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have taken the boat trip with Gianni a few times. Each time i manage to have a little chat with his dad on the pier before we go. I never wait in an overpriced cafe at marina Grande' ! That is just asking for trouble." If its a boat ride - then he must be near the boats" I tell myself. In the first instance I spotted him a mile off on the first meeting. ( because his boat is exactly like the photos on the web). In any business all over the world and Italy, double bookings and muck ups occur - for goodness sake folks - this is ITaly we are talking about. HOw do you think they survive through all the ups and downs ? Charm, overpriced menus and glamorous hosts all the way. Its Italy and as the saying goes : "when in Rome .."