“One day visit to Capri”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was on an organised tour of the island which I last did two years back and that time we booked lunch to be inlcuded in the tour - that had turned out disappointing. So this time we chose this place, yes partly on the view, it looked smart and the tour guide had said it was good. Now yes you can be wary of tour guides and possibly recommending places for their benefit.

Anyway we had a table overlooking the bay (perfect), the waiter was a reasonably chatty chap who wasnt sweaty (it was October but still 25 deg). We had pizzas which was interesting to compare to UK versions and of course my own attempts at home. Anyway, the pizzas were good, nothing wrong with the wine either. My first choice ice cream wasnt available and so the waiter brought my second choice - it was wrong. No drama, the waiter knew which one I had ordered and quickly swapped it apologised and gave us limoncello's by way of an apology

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We didn't do our restaurant research before we left for Capri & what a mistake it was. After reading the other reviews, after the fact, I would have never eaten here!! We order two salads...more like 2 medium bowls of poor quality lettuce. As I was about 3/4 done with my salad I discover a black curly hair! I have blonde straight hair...definitely not mine! No apologies, nothing. I didn't think much until the bill came and they charged me for the salad that had the black hair!! I questioned the bill with the waiter & he said because I had eaten 3/4 of it, he had to charge me for it...what???? Are you kidding me? I wanted to puke at the thought I might have eaten other hairs I didn't know were in there and had lost my appetite completely. He finally takes the salad off but charges us an 8 euro service charge because "we only ordered one entree". What? We ordered two salads but one had a hair in it and now I'm forced to pay for more service after their mistake? Basically we ended up paying 20 euro for a bowl of lettuce and bottle of water...after much arguing. Total rip off. They charge 5 euro for water, 12% service charge, and 3 euro per person for cover...there are much better places. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. They are very deserving of the horrible reviews they have received. Worst customer service and horrible food.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We didn't do our research and just gone into the restaurant
The food was very average.
They've got our order wrong
The pizza was soggy
Wouldn't recommend

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I didn't eat here but it can't be all bad - when I walked past sat by the door tucking into a nosh was Carlos Slim Helu (wealthiest man on the planet 80 billion dollars) and is partner Queen moor of Jordan. Now I know many rich people have no taste but I hear these two are very nice and have taste do I guess the nosh is probably ok here. I have to say they weren't saying much to each other - kind do reminded me of an old couple from Birmingham UK on their holidays.

1  Thank behonest1
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited ‘Ristorante Isidoro’ on Wednesday 21st July as part of the ‘Day and Night’ Thomson trip. It was recommended by the Thomson Reps to have a 3-course meal for 20 euros. It was easily the worst meal we have ever had.

Firstly the staff were extremely loud, shouting across the room at each other, over the tables and through the kitchen. Unfortunately for us, we had a table near the kitchen entrance which enabled us to watch the food being prepared…

On numerous occasions we spotted the chef tasting the sauce with his finger then dipping it back in, to have another taste. To be perfectly honest we should have left then, but we did not want to upset any of the other tourists traveling with Thomson, the experience just got worse.

We were presented with a disgusting starter of cheap vinegary mozzarella and tomatoes followed by, what can only be described as frozen ravioli with a side of salad covered in a repulsive dressing. You would think they would get the dessert right… but no, it was a cheap, dry, what I would describe as a shop bought cake, with no ice cream or cream. The portions were terrible but to be perfectly honest I would not want to eat any more.

We watched the other meals come out of the kitchen and I can honestly say the mussels (max of 6 mussels with your pasta) looked overcooked, the swordfish looked like s slab of poor quality frozen meat, and the chicken looked dry. THE FOOD IS NOT FRESH!!!

So we came to the conclusion that the Isidoro serves terrible food! Throughout this however, we also experienced another tourist storming out of the restaurant after being brought to tears by a member of the Isidoro staff, whose inappropriate behaviour, spoilt the rest of her trip on Capri.

I would avoid this place at all costs, the food is not only disgusting but the rude, obnoxious staff, completely ruin the atmosphere. If you visit Capri spend some time looking around for a good restaurant... Our highlight was leaving Isidoro and enjoying a cocktail in the main square with nuts, olives and crisps.