“Very average food at 5* prices.”
Review of Edode - CLOSED

Edode
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

After having a fantastic trip to Capri we spent our last night at this restaurant. Our hotel recommended it and the wonderful Aurora the night before. The Edode restaurant has the same pricing level as the Aurora but the food was significantly below the standard of the Aurora. I got the impression that generally across Capri pricing targets the super rich. That's fine if you get value for money. In this case you don't. There are many alternative restaurants to choose from, my advice is to avoid here unless you want pre-packed pasta at gourmet prices. Overall a scam.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This restaurant is located in a very nice place of the island and it has booths that seat a couple along the street. At first we thought about sitting inside, but the music is very loud. The food was very good, salad, parmigiana and a mozzarella with parma. So nothing they can do wrong with. The price is high, but you are on an Island and this one is Capri. And yes, they charge like in most restaurants in Italy, a coperto (tip) that is high.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stopped here for a nice lunch on my one day trip to Capri. The female waitress on the sidewalk was friendly and welcoming, encouraging me to come in and have a nice lunch. The food was not memorable and the whole experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can not even remember what I ate just a week and a half ago. I ate at a number of restaurants during my week trip the Amalfi Coast and this is the one I wish I had avoided. This is the only place where I was a charge 15% to sit at the table and an automatic tip, after the prices were already high. (this was ll written in small print on the back page of the menu, which I did not see until I asked the waiter about it after getting my bill. The charming waitress who lured me in never mentioned these extra charges!) The place was not busy--guess the locals know it is not great. The view was nice and the decoration was pleasant. However, the service was very lax, and i felt the waiters were arrogant. When I asked one to take a picture of me with the scenery in the background he said let me get the girl who takes pictures of celebrities. The picture was horrendous so now I know she is not experienced. She did not tell me that the lighting was wrong and you could not even seemed in the picture! He just did't want to do it! The picture is not a big deal, just another example of how they were not very service oriented.

It was not the enjoyable lunch I expected to have. I would avoid this place. If they have to draw you in (now I realize, beg) you to eat there, things must deteriorating and they know it. I should have eaten at one of the restaurants, albeit touristy, when you first enter town. Everyone there looked happy!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The place thinks that their great view will make up for bad food. It doesn't. I started with a chicken Caesar salad. It was small, over-priced with wilted iceberg lettuce and a tiny amount of chicken. My wife and I finished what was served and were happy to get out and get away from the pounding music.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were passing by this place when the owner came out and said he would give us our money back if we weren't happy…this should have set the alarm bells ringing, but we were taken in by good old Italian charm!
The food was just the normal pasta nothing exceptional, I think we had some soft drinks, a bottle water, a beer and a glass of wine between the 4 of us and of course baskets of those bake in the oven rolls you get from your local supermarket.
When the bill came we couldn't believe our eyes as we had been hit with a 15% service charge and a cover charge of €12. As we had eaten our meal we couldn't really ask for our money back! I have eaten far better for far less money with good service all over the UK, it just shows how far we have come as food national over the past decade.
You live and learn!