“top shelf”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

don't let the name fool you, it's hardly a pizzeria, although some of the pizzas they make are absolutely unbelievable, and i know pizza, as i come from the new haven area with pepe's and sally's world famous among others. appetizers and pastas are off the charts, the quality is surreal as is the service along with a world class wine list. a true delight. if you don't believe me, go and look at the pictures of the past clientele. randy jackson, maria carey, stephen spielberg, beyonce, stallone, quincy jones and on and on. great location, about 100yds from the piazetta landing. indoors or outdoors with a gorgeous wine bar across the way for waiting if neccessary.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

On our second visit to this, named to be, one of the best restaurant in Capri, was a huge disappointment, especially given a fact we have chosen this place as it was my partner's birthday.
Meals were completely different to what was it back in May and service was very poor. We are not sure why this had happened this time, it might be end of the season and they might be tired, but, in my opinion, it shouldn't be excuse if you're trying to stay competitive in this industry. Miserable surly staff really couldn't have cared less. Once we had finished our meals it took ages for the dirty plates to be cleared. In the end we had to ask for them to be taken away. Getting a bill was another mission and we have left this place on a very bitter note. Not sure are we going to try this place again as we are going to be back again in May next year.

3  Thank WRTEAM
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had dinner with another couple and it was just average. I have eaten much better on the island at other places (and for far less). I had sticker shock at the €420 dinner bill but there were two bottles of wine which added to it. I felt the food was average, the service was as well. I'd rather go to Villa Brunella or Virginiello or Mama, and have a much better meal...but if you like to see and be seen this may be the place for you.

1  Thank Jnats1967
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We decided to stop into Aurora for a late lunch. While one waitress said they were closed, another rushed us into a table. The food was horrible, and the service (and owner for that matter) were among the worst I have ever experienced. Since they were at the end of their lunch hour, we decided to order a couple of pizzas to make life easy, and get in and out quickly. The pizzas came out quickly and we ate them, but upon noticing other diner's plates, we noticed our pizzas were literally half the size of the others. Additionally, we were never brought our bread, but still charged the 6 euro cover charge for the 15 minutes we were there. The bill came out to 50 euros for 2 pizzas, a beer, a water, and 20 minutes of hell. We decided to pay our bill and go talk to the owner inside...what a mistake that was. She was argumentative and beyond rude...claiming it was our faults for not telling them at the time of the mistake. The bottom line is we went in after we were finished to quietly voice our dismay, and were met with pure rudeness. There are many other amazing restaurants in Capri to eat, and being a vacation spot, it would be best to avoid any place where the waiters, let alone the owner, makes you feel otherwise. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

7  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have no clue why people made negative comments about Aurora, I have had the best lobster pasta ever, the appetizers and every single food ordered was really good. The only negative thing I could agree is the waiting even though you have a reservation. The place is simply packed every night, do not trust your reservation to sit right away. If I go again, I would definitely go no later than 7:30. Overall, this probably was the best food we had in Capri.