“Great seafood.”

Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1937, typical Capri restaurant.
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We dined here twice in five nights. Really kind and welcoming staff. Lovely fresh seafood, great pasta and a very good wine list. You feel like an actual person here as opposed to a tourist spending money. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I read about this place here and wanted to try it when we arrived in Capri. We were part of a tour and this was one day where our dinner was not included so while we were wandering around during the day, I made a point of locating this restaurant.

The one dish that caught my eye while we were looking at the menu outside was this huge skillet filled with seafood...looked like a seafood paella. We asked about this and found out that it was a custom order with various prices...depending on what kind of seafood you wanted. I believe we ordered the middle price and it was delicious!!!! It came with homemade pasta. Mmmmm. We shared it amongst the 3 of us and I was so full afterwards that I didn't have room for dessert.
Would like to try other restaurants around to compare.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I were on a day trip to Capri, and we were looking for a nice lunch spot. We were in the town of Capri and every restaurant in the surrounding area was packed with tourists. We made a point to go down some of the less-crowded alleyways, hoping to find a culinary gem. We found Al Grottino, and were not disappointed. The restaurant is pretty small, and there were only two other tables occupied. We shared a bottle of nice, cold Italian rose. I had a linguini dish that was served with fresh langoustines. It was not the average "shrimp scampi" that you'd find in the states. The broth/sauce had an awesome seafood flavor. My husband had a seafood risotto, which was also fantastic. There were many other menu items that looked great. I would definitely return here.

1  Thank BrooklynWino
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What an amazing experience in Capri! The restaurant owner was extremely attentive and friendly, which made the dinning experience extra special in a personalised manner. Great wine recommendation.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Al Grottino provided my girlfriend and I (who is a vegetarian) one of our best meals in our two week trip to Italy. Eggplant parm was amazing with several homemade pasta dishes to boot! Terrific wine as well. You will have a meal to remember!