“Charming restaurant”

Da Paolino Lemon Trees
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dinner in a magnificent and quiet lemon garden. Selection of local products Buffet of seafood. Meats and fishes grilled Selection of meat, aged in a fridge with Himalaya-pink salt Home-made cakes, wild berries and iceCream Now it is closed for the season Opening on April 2017
Rio de Janeiro
“Charming restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

To have a dinner under the trees , to taste the delicious buffet and finish with a " lemoncello " is the best way to begin the vacations on Capri Island

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Best Dinner in Capri!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Overall, I was expecting better food in Italy in general. We ate at all the "best" restaurants in Capri (Aurora, Villa Verde and others), and we found this one to be the best.
The outdoor setting under a canopy of lemon trees is a little hokey, but pretty at the same time.
The food was delicious. My husband and I shared a bruchetta appetizer that was beyond amazing. My husband had a great fish dish and I had a homemade pasta dish with shellfish. It was very, very good.

I was surprised to see that they had a dessert buffet. Again, a little hokey....but it was again, delicious.

The restaurant was very close to our hotel (JK Place), but is very much off the beaten path so you would probably have to take a taxi there. Not walkable.

Next time I am back in Capri, this will be my first restaurant dinner stop.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Best meal in Capri - but bring your credit limit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I went here for a special night out. The food, ambience and service were outstanding. The restaurant is away from Capri or Anacapri town centers but worth the trek.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Pretty but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Set in a lemon grove with a babbling brook and soft lighting (by Italian standards at least - the restaurants do all seem to love their romantic 100 watt bulbs), there is something rather magical about the setting as you walk in and are shown to your table. However, straight away the wine list was a bit intimidating with pages of wines costing more than a deluxe hotel room, but the friendly wine waiter helped us choose a reasonably priced bottle.

As vegetarians we had probably got a bit blasé about ordering in Italian restaurants as there are always standard starters and pastas even if what they call the "main" course is always off-limits, so we assumed the Caprese salad would do as a starter (it's nice but big enough to feed a family) and that the bruschetta trio would be meat-free (who puts bacon on bruschetta?) - although I had just asked the waiter about another dish which had turned out to contain ham and I'd mentioned I didn't eat that, so I was a bit disappointed that he didn't think to warn me. Still, they happily changed it and I should probably mention this kind of thing to the waiter upfront if the menu isn't clear (Paulino's is not - and while I'm at it, the website is just a slideshow containing no actual information about food or prices). The de-baconised bruschetta was tasty but very hard. My tomato ravioli was delicious, but my wife's lemon ravioli was a bit cloying. Two starters, two pastas, mineral water and a bottle of wine came to just under 100 euros, which was the most we have ever paid for a meal in Italy. I didn't mind too much as it was our last night and a nice experience overall, and it was convenient for our hotel (the lovely Excelsior Parco, less than 10 minutes' walk away so saving a cab fare) but I'm not sure I would go there more than once per stay in Capri.

• Visited September 2012
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We found this restaurant on our last night in Capri, the food was excellent the service warm and helpful. The food was perfect. We would have returned if we had visited earlier.

• Visited September 2012