“Another amazing spot in Capri!”
Review of La Fontelina

La Fontelina
Ranked #28 of 122 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2017

A rocky beach with style and good food!
You can only reach this place from Marina Picola by boat or you can walk (climb) down from Punta Tragara Hotel. Once there you will not regret it! Don't try to climb up though, unless you are very fit! Food is very good and fresh, mainly seafood and pasta. Efficient service.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

About half an hour walk from Capri center, along pleasant and well kept footpaths, but quite a gradual descent at the end. The restaurant is the usual sea side construction, with terraces to the sea, quite pleasant and weather permitting nice for a swim. Open restaurant with transparent awnings to protect from the wind and "thatched" covering. Lots of staff. Food fine service a bit grudging, not really making an effort.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

La Fontelina was one of our favorite days on our Amalfi trip! The hike down from our hotel was really cool and scenic, beautiful views as we descended to the water. The club is actually among the rocks! The food for lunch was some of our favorite as well - the seafood pasta is a must!!! As well as the sangria. We had an unforgettable day and will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

My husband and I booked a day at La Fontelina Restaurant and Beach Club while we were on our honeymoon in Capri. I had Amex Concierge book it for us, so we were not exactly sure what we were getting ourselves in to. I just knew it was a highly rated beach club. After spending 92 Euros on a couple of chairs, one mattress and 2 towels, plus 150 Euros on lunch, we were put in the very back on the concrete, no where near the water. We showed up early that morning just so we could get a good spot. Another group showed up without reservations and got a better spot than we did. We were staying at the Hotel Caesar Augustus, which has the BEST pool and view in Capri hands down. Looking back, we wish we would have just spent the day at the hotel. We wouldn't return or recommend. Just pay up to stay at the Caesar Augustus. The food and service is much better there.

3  Thank Erin H
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This beach club is as beautiful as described and in photos. It definitely lived up to all expectations and more. The food was a hit or miss as my SO's seafood pasta was delicious while my shrimp penne was a bit underwhelming and tasteless.

The only thing I would do differently is book several days here in advance as opposed to one day as the best spots go to those patrons who book multiple days in a row. The only other downside was that water was not complimentary and was a bit steep at 7 or 8 Euros per bottle. I like staying hydrated so one bottle for an 6-7 hour stay out in the sun just wouldn't cut it.

Other than those points, I would highly recommend this beach club! Truly gorgeous!