“Quality with fresh and local ingredients”
Review of Da Tonino

Da Tonino
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you decide to visit Arco Naturale, you should time your visit during lunch/dinner and plan it to stop in for a meal. About a 15-20 minute walk from Piazzetta/Piazza Umberto (the first 5 minutes of the walk are a steep uphill climb and then a scenic gradual walk making your way uphill). It is slightly higher priced but still reasonable and the food is very good quality and well made with fresh local products including house made fresh pasta dishes, and thus worth it. Because of its location, near Arco Naturale (only 5-8 minutes away), the atmosphere is wonderful and in a natural setting. The wine and choice is remarkable and service very warm and hospitable. Very nice choices on the menu and all Campania cuisine.

1  Thank Nadia_Elamin

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Where to even begin!
My boyfriend and I have talked about Da Tonino probably 50 times since we've left Italy!
It was the BEST lunch we have ever had! A true authentic italian meal. Watching the chef pick fresh vegetable out of the garden, getting taken down into the wine cellar, getting the most delicious meal, bread wine, it was beyond anything I could have expected!
My boyfriend and I were there for nearly 3 hours. We each got an entree, we split two bottle of wine. we got two desserts, and we still didn't want to leave!
The chef sent us over a freshly picked Amalfi lemon, and it was the best thing I have ever eaten. It was the size of a football, and you just slice it up and eat it raw, peel and everything, salt on top if you wish, and it truly tastes like candy! My boyfriend and I finished the entire thing off!
Boy were we stuffed when we left!
It's a bit of a walk from the city, but we've said we would come back to Capri JUST to have lunch here again!
We even got to shake the chefs hand upon finishing our meal!

Thank you to the staff and chef that made this such a memorable incredible italian experience!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Extremely talented young chef and owner is doing a fantastic job.
The best stuffed fried fiori di zucchini we ever had.
Very good wine list and incredibly rich wine cellar which they are happy to let you visit.
One tends to eat much, therefore you will welcome the walk back to town.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Da Tonino is tucked away, outside the center of Capri town (it's a bit of an up-hill walk!) The locations in beautiful and quiet, with an indoor/outdoor feel. The food is very good, but not the best I had on the island. The wine selection is incredible! (Maybe a bit overwhelming for some.) Make sure you ask to see the wine cellar... there are over 15,000 bottles of wine in there from every region of Italy!

1  Thank Kelsey C
Reviewed June 17, 2014

A little out of the way (about 15 mins from the main piazza) but its perfect for a bit quieter meal. Location is beautiful and the walk back after was great too. The restaurants split 50/50 indoors and outdoors seating. We only called about an hour ahead and had outdoor seating but no view so you may want to reserve more in advance for that.

The host was wonderful and shared lots of information about how the food was prepared and about the wines. We had a half bottle of wine, bottle of water, appetizer and two pastas and the total was 50Eur.

I would warn for any veggies though - I had a scialatelli with tomatoes and eggplant the sauce had a pretty distinct taste of some type of pig (though I couldn't see any) which I didn't think was listed. They also serve a salami with the bread so might be better to ask to hold that!

1  Thank severalshades