“A quiet escape with wonderful food!”
Review of Da Tonino

Da Tonino
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
North Carolina
“A quiet escape with wonderful food!”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My husband and I went to Da Tonino on the final night of our trip to Capri. The service was wonderful, our waiter was very friendly. I had the pizza margherita and my husband had veal scallopine. We shared the mozzarella e melone as a first course. Everything was quite good, but I think what we loved most was the secluded, quiet atmosphere and wonderful service. I would highly recommend.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Ramsey475

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Ont.,Canada
“worth the walk”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This restaurant was recommended by a group of fellow Canadians we had met at Longano da Tarantino restaurant the night before. (also very good!) With rudimentary directions from our hotel, we set out. It was mostly uphill, but the scenery was beautiful, and well worth the half hour walk. We arrived at 7:30pm to find the lights out, but we were warmly welcomed and given our choice of seating. Soon other guests started arriving and there was a thriving takeout pizza business. The menu was written in Italian, and we were the only English speaking guests at that time. We were craving a GOOD spaghetti vongole, our favourite pasta, and Da Tonino didn't disappoint. It was the best we'd had since arriving in Italy 11 days earlier! There were two to choose from, and personally I highly recommend the scalaghetti vongole e zucca (pasta with clams and pumpkin). The restaurant isn't fancy, and the wait staff consisted of the owner, and his wife. It was extremely busy on a blustery, Sept. Wednesday evening, with many clientele who seemed to be locals. We would recommend taking a flashlight for the walk back to the hotel-it is quite dark with few streetlights. A restaurant that should be on the "must do" list while on Capri!

3 Thank robertjudi
IOM
“Da Tonino - Superb”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My wife and I had lunch at Da Tonino last weekend and I must admit it was great. The peace and tranquility of the setting is very relaxing. All you can hear is birdsong and the sound of the breeze in the trees.

My wife has a nut allergy and the waiter easily guided her through what she could and could not have. This may sound simple enough but in Italian there is no one word for "nuts", they all have individual names.

We both had the grilled veg. selection to start. That was right up my wifes street and both of us give full marks for that.

For our mains, my wife had Gnocci alla Sorrentina, which was fresh / home made gnocci. My wife said it is the best gnocci she has ever tasted (I tried it too and have to agree). I had spaghetti alla vongole, which was divine.

We were both quite full after the main course, but I asked the waiter if he had any small deserts. He went away and came back a few minutes later and said the chef would make me a small cake! The cake was presented to me on a plate. It was about 4 inches across and about 1 inch high. I put my fork in and lemon sauce oozed out. And, it tasted amazing.

Da Tinino's was fabulous and I cannot wait to go back for dinner next time we return to Capri. .

5 Thank Manxpete
new tork city
“I hate to share this .”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Da Tonino restaurant - Capri We happened on this place back in 1998. We had lunch. It was incredible. Janet had an appetizer of super fresh shrimp with rocket and lemon and I had the caprese salad we then followed with pastas then fresh berries. Everything was so good that we decided to return for dinner the following night. During dinner I noticed a sizzling steak go past our table that rivaled Peter Lugar's both in smell and appearance. The following spring, we returned to Capri and ran up the hill to Da Tonino. This family restaurant also has an extraordinary wine list with a climate-controled cellar storing over 10,000 thousand bottles. The atmosphere is a cross between the funkiness of Jamaica(open air dining) and the elegance of Italian service. I salivate for this place.

5 Thank restaurant407