“nice ambiance, italian style”
Review of Le Grottelle

Le Grottelle
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
london
“nice ambiance, italian style”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We dined at this place twice in 8 days. It's a 20 minutes walk from capri piazzetta, so not an easy one in the evening but good for digestion. We didn't go there for the view but for the food and it was very good indeed. We had octopus carpaccio and a big turbot with some tomatoes and olives cooked to perfection in the pizza oven.
Second time we had a pizza to start (average, nothing special), and grilled pezzogna which was light and delicious. We had a nice white wine from Ischia. I wouldn't mind an improvement of the wine list as it's not as good as the food menu in my view. Service was friendly and chatty. The place get's busy after 9pm as italians eat pretty late so if you want a more attentive service go earlier. Prices are in line with other capri restos of this type. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
San Diego
“Not worth a visit”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant has a nice patio with a wonderful view, but that's about all I can say that is good about this place. When my friend and I had lunch the service was indifferent, bordering on rude. (Maybe, because we were two women without our husbands?) The "house" ravioli was bland and tasted like grocery store frozen pasta. The sauce was also fairly tasteless. To top it off, the bread was stale. Go to Lo Sfizio for professional service and an enjoyable meal.

• Visited June 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Another rave review touting the view”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My friend and I hiked by the restaurant, and I asked if we could go back based on the spectacular location. We were the second diners there around 8:30, but the place filled up as the evening grew later. As others have noted, the location is spectacular. The prices were a bit steep, but the food was good (my friend and I shared the fritto misto, bruschetta, ravioli, and a fabulous lemon dessert). The waiter was very attentive until he became overwhelmed with the number of tables he was serving (I counted nine at one point, including one large group); we didn't mind because we were enjoying ourselves and had nowhere to be. I think we stayed five hours! I think this is a must for a visit to Capri.

• Visited July 2013
Holmfirth, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant, incredible view - this is a must!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From Capri centre this is a 10-15minute walk. It is worth it! Wow, what a location - this restaurant has the best view. I recommend you book for this restaurant, we only just got a table and that was a Sunday night. This place was full of locals, we were the only tourists which was fantastic. If the locals love it, then that speaks volumes.

The staff are extremely welcoming and attentive. The food was incredible. I can't recommend this place highly enough - the setting is just incredible, topped with great service and superb food.

If we come to Capri again this would be one of the first places we go back to. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Naples, Italy
“Almost really good, but....”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The taste of the food I ordered here was actually good -- we got a caprese salad, scialatielli ai frutti di mare, ravioli caprese, and a torta caprese for dessert -- but I was aggravated that they ended up serving it to us cold. I watched our plates sit for more than five minutes outside on a server's station and then some fly around between waiters until we finally got them, and the food was definitely cold by that point (we were outside). Kinda ruins a fish-based pasta for me.

The environment is beautiful and it is out-of-the-way enough to feel as if it is sort of an island escape. I probably will go again and give it another chance, as the food seemed well-prepared, it just unfortunately sat too long before it reached us.

• Visited September 2012