“Charming B & B overlooking the water”
Review of Marina Piccola 73

Marina Piccola 73
Ranked #11 of 138 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Charming B & B overlooking the water”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We chose this B & B as we wanted to avoid the noise of the town. The rooms are very clean, the beds are very comfortable, the views are fabulous and the breakfast was excellent. We had our own balcony so we could leave the doors open at night.
However I would not suggest this B & B if you have problems with walking, its not very easy access and you have to walk up a little road. It was raining most of the time we stayed and there is a bit of a climb to the B & B, also there is no shelter if you want to go to the lift or buses to get to the city centre. You need a good umbrella!
We had no problems but we are only in our 60's. I would imagine people with walking sticks etc could find it tricky.
Please do not be put off by these practical comments, next time I return to Sorrento I will stay again as I think the position and the B & B itself is perfect.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hawthorne4171

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, OR
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I could not believe we found this place, when I basically just picked it out of the many options available. It was one of my favorite locations, ever. The room was lovely, the deck was magical, the shower was better than mine at home, and we slept with the doors open so that we could hear the water gently lapping on the beach below us, and could see the lights of Naples across the water. I did not want to leave.

Getting there along the seawall with our little car was a feat, but we had loads of helpers, coaches, and advisors - one from the hotel and a whole bunch of volunteers from one of the little beach cafes. Hilarious. The tricky part took only five minutes, but if you have a car, you will know what I mean.

The one thing I didn't like was the art in the room, which was on the modern-to-creepy side. Just saying. Don't look at it. Go out on the deck.

Room Tip: Blue room! If possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank csw1977
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is a gem! A bit difficult to find but the location is the best, at the harbor, quiet and very close to the city centre. Great breakfast, good bed and nice host. TV with satelite, all european stations. We slept with the door open and we had a view on the beach. Very close to restaurants.

Room Tip: Its a quiet wonderful b&b
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta GA USA
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I found Marina Piccola 73 just about perfect. I love the location right on the waterfront with gorgeous views of the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius, but away from the noise and bustle of the main part of the city. The location was very convenient with several restaurants right on the sand just outside the door (Ghibli Restaurant was outstanding) and the elevator up to the main part of town just a few steps away.

The room was spacious and clean with a very comfy bed and great bathroom with big shower. The views were unbelievable. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were always friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay at Marina Piccola 73 next time I'm in Sorrento.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony and sea view is well worth the difference in price.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I based my booking on reviews that I saw on this website and they sounded good, however the day before my booking I got an email to say there had been a mistake and they could not take my booking. In which case they had booked me elsewhere at a comparable hotel.

I was happy about this as it was a similar area and of the hotel was same level that was ok, hey these things happen.

When I arrived the place was not ready as it was being cleaned, that's ok I left my luggage received keys and went wandering around Sorrento, by the way view from balcony was amazing.

When I got back later in afternoon I was very disappointed, strangely it wasn't a hotel room but some sort of apartment. The bedroom was ok but the bathroom was unpleasant and the whole place smelt of damp or being closed up.

That night I found that it was rather noisy, traffic running down to the harbour was literally on the other side of the wall and the fridge started making noise later that night.

The next night I got back after a full day out over on Capri.

Someone started knocking at the door at 10.00pm and later again at 10.45. Needless to say as I am travelling by myself I had a sleepless night.

Not a great experience for which I paid 100eu a night plus tourist tax

Never to be repeated

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank fostanne
ross on wye England
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice place to stay if a little bit out of town. Bus available for a Euro otherwise a long steep walk up a very busy road to town, not very plesant.
Bit noisy in the morning and very close to fuel station for boats, which gave a bit of fumes smell.
Good breakfast with fresh orange juice.
Helpful staff, always pleasant and smiling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robertjrossonwye
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Perfection is, its true sense an impossibility. If you visit Sorrento you go for the history around and adjacent to the bay of Naples, the coast line, the food, the wine and the romance.
The element that binds it altogether is where you stay. Somewhere intimate, comfortable and with views that would inspire any artist. Marina Piccola 73 is just such a gem. Hidden away in Marina Piccola with a private entrance. A walk around the quay side to the private entrance takes you up to apartments some self catering but ours was B&B. Lay on your bed and look out across the busy harbour then the expanse of the bay to Vesuvius in the distance. When I Skyped my friends they couldn’t believe the view.
A lovely Italian breakfast was on a spacious terrace, munching croissant, cheese and ham, fresh bread, fresh fruit, cereals, lovely cakes etc. Variations every day. No rush, breakfast from 08.00 till 11.00.
This was idyllic, believe or not there were no squawking seagulls even though we were at the waters’ edge.
The staff, brilliant, charming and efficient.
Perfection? Probably.