“Sorrento shop”

Gargiulo & Jannuzzi
Ranked #5 of 44 Shopping in Sorrento
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Plenty of 'locally' made goods in the shop and not cheap either. We managed to find the last Murano glass strawberries in Sorrento, so at least we now have a good set of Murano fruit! The chess sets are worth a look, but again are not cheap. The shop is well supported by tourist trips and can be very busy at times.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"art"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is the perfect shopping destination to experience one of a kind items that are unique to this area from ceramics, to linens, to jewelry, inlaid wooden boxes, hand made lace, and so much more. We picked up a few things to remember our visit to Sorrento. And then again; we enjoyed ourselves too much... We have cancelled our 2013 travel plans and instead will be back to Sorrento.

6  Thank Brrliner
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stopped by on a Celebrity tour and had a wonderful experience at this store, Irene was wonderful, purchased several pieces that arrived in perfect condition, packaging was the best. Loved the coffee and pastries we were given while waiting to complete our paperwork. Will be back next year.

1  Thank Edie C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was told by a friend who had gone to this store a few years back that this store gave a wonderful presentation of marquetry. Out of curiosity (I'm not into woodwork, just wanted to see the process) I made a stop at this store.

The first bad sign was that there was a large group of people outside the store. I thought there was a long line to get into the store, but it turned out it was a shuttle stop. Once inside the store, I discovered the marquetry demo was downstairs. The demo person (female) was just finishing up a demo to an organized tour group. The group left and I asked the woman if she could show me how it was done. In flawless English, she said with disdain and attitude: "You have to wait until the next group comes for me to explain.". There was a clear emphasis on "YOU!" I wasn't with a group, so how was I to know when another group would show up. I wasn't asking her to give me a reading from the encyclopedia. I only wanted a brief explanation.

With that, I figured even if I was going to buy something there, I wouldn't do it on principle. I certainly don't need to buy attitude.

If you can, bypass this tourist trap. It's obviously a stop put on the list for organized groups.

5  Thank Skymuffin
See more reviews
Reviewed October 6, 2012

If your time is limited in Sorrento, this shop is a great option. You will find nearly all the crafts here that Sorrento is famous for: ceramic jewlery, colorful pottery, inlaid wood boxes, delicate lace. However, it's far more exciting to explore all of Sorrento and meander through the smaller shops that offer the same range of items at a more specialty level and perhaps at better prices.

2  Thank Loretta R