“My favorite B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 124 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“My favorite B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at Villa Monica in 2008, 2010, 2012 and in June this year. And this time we needed the help of Pasquale and Monica more than ever.
We already travelled for 2 weeks through Italy and in the days before arrival in Sorrento I got very much pain in my back and legs. I could not move or walk without pain. So, I called Pasquale one day before we arrived in Sorrento to tell him that I needed a physiotherapist. And Pasquale answered: No worries, I will take care of it. And he did. At the arrival day a young physiotherapist appeared at Villa Monica with a mobile treatment table and started to work on my muscles. He came back on the next day and the day after, early in the morning. The pain was less, so we could very carefully start our sightseeing. In the mean time Pasquale and Monica were very caring. Pasquale has his schedule for the drive down and up the hill but he insisted me to call when we wanted to go back to the villa. One day we visited Napoli. Pasquale drove us to the port and Monica was waiting for us at the port when we came back.
The fact that Monica is offering supper was perfect for us, because we did not want to go back to Sorrento in the evening. And......Monica is a very good cook.
So, it is clear. We like to stay at Villa Monica. That is why we are coming back every two years. This year was very special. I will never forget it and I love them very much!
Many thanks to Monica, Pasquale and Sonya.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GabbeDutch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We would return in a heart beat. Pascuale is a phenomenal host, and don't miss out on the delicious dinners now being provided by Monica! And while the inn is a short distance from Sorrento, Pascuale offers convenient shuttle trips to town. And the train station is easily accessible for those wanting to travel to Pompeii.

For those driving to the inn, rent a small car and know how to drive in Italy. Otherwise, arrive by train to Sorrento and coordinate with Pascuale on getting to the inn.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our family of four stayed at Villa Monica for four days in late June as part of a 17-day European trip. This B&B was exceptional and far and above any other place we stayed (and the other B&B's were also good, so the bar was high!). All four of us loved Villa Monica. Pasquale couldn't have been a better host. Not only is he incredibly helpful in advice and running a personal taxi service up and down the hills between Villa Monica and Sorrento town center, but he's a uniquely gifted small inn owner. He's funny and entertaining and instantly puts you ease. Our two teenage boys, as well as my husband and I, liked him from the start.

Aside from a fantastic host, Villa Monica has the best views in Sorrento, I'm convinced. It sits high in the hills (Pasquale and his wife, Monica, and their children live next door), so the rooms that overlook the valley have unparalleled views of the city and the Bay of Naples. Some might think that the location is a negative. Let me assure you it is not. Pasquale was available when we needed him to take us to the town center and bring us back. Very easy and we wouldn't change it.

The rooms are spacious and clean, as were the bathrooms. The breakfast was plentiful. We loved our stay at Villa Monica and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that overlooks Sorrento.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Many thanks to Pasquale for making our stay entertaining and enjoyable. I'll miss hurtling up the hill towards the villa in the dark after dinner yakking to him and the other guests!

The room was basic and very clean, with beautiful views of the town. Definitely request a view!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ophir
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We loved our stay at villa Monica. This is a special place in the hills of Sorrento with lovely views over the Bay of Naples. Pasquale the owner, was invaluable in helping us with our stay. He was always on hand to help with our days in and around Sorrento and the Amalfi from printing out train, bus, ferry timetables and tickets. Breakfast had a good selection of cereal, fruit, fresh pastries, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice delivered with the help of Sonia who also kept our room fresh daily. We would highly recommend staying at Villa Monica while in Sorrento.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5startraveller2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Villa Monica is on a ridge overlooking Sorrento. The views are amazing. It is about 8 minutes drive from the centre of Sorrento, and the owner, Pasqualle, will give you a lift there or back at a number of set times in the day. It is quite possible to get to Sorrento by train, and not need a car all week, (although in fact we drove there). A superb breakfast is included, and an evening meal (home cooked by Pasqualle's wife Monica) is a very reasonable extra, and very well worth the 19 Euros, which includes wine.

Room Tip: The four front rooms have excellent views over the valley. The one room on the other side has a bett...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Simply put...THERE IS NO WHERE ELSE I WOULD STAY WHEN I VISIT ITALY! Pasquale and Monica emulate hospitality from every part of their being and you get all that with a " STUNNING VIEW" ! I, myself am a very hospitable person ( I think it is part of Italian culture ) so I know it when I experience it. I think the ultimate hospitality is when you are made to feel that you are "family" ... This is how Pasquale and Monica made myself and my sisters feel and we will never forget that and forever will consider them part of our "familia" VIVA ITALIA ! Go # 1 and stay at "VILLA MONICA" you will have the experience of a lifetime!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family