“Wonderful place to stay!”
Review of Villa Alviani Anna

Villa Alviani Anna
Ranked #74 of 137 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed here for 3 days with my finance. Our flights were messed up and the owner was very accomodating when we had to change our plans by one day. She even gave us a nicer room (with a kitchenette!) for 80euro a night. The breakfast was great! Yogurt, fruit, fresh breads, and muffins, orange juice and coffee. Walking distance to the main center, but secluded enough to be romantic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
stockton on tees
Reviewed September 9, 2008

It was my idea of heaven - beautiful. I had a gorgeous room in the most beautiful gardens. I opened my french doors to a balony area with cahirs and a table and drank coffee in the most beautiful surroundings.
Everything was great and I will definately return.

Totally recommend this hotel

• Liked — opening french doors and stepping onto a large balony surrounding by beautiful gardens
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed August 5, 2008

After reading all the great reviews of Villa Anna, I was really looking forward to staying there. While it is very clean and the gardens are nice, there are several drawbacks to the place that I wish I had been aware of. The beds are very hard, so be sure you like extremely firm mattresses. It is also a good 15-minute walk from the town center and a 25-minute walk to the marina where you take boats to Capri, Amalfi, etc., which, after a full day of sightseeing, can be inconvenient. I wished that I had stayed in a more central location. Also, I had hoped that I could relax in the gardens, but you really don't feel welcome to do that. It's just not a great place to hang out, and furthermore, if you are not out of your room by about 10:30 in the morning they will not clean your room for that day. You get fresh towels only every 2-3 days, even if you request them more frequently. The breakfast was okay but mostly cheap, pre-prepared foods. Also - if you do stay at Villa Anna, I urge you to take a taxi to it if you are arriving from the train station. It is difficult to find, and not fun to walk there with your luggage as the roads are very uneven. All of this said, it is a clean place and my room was perfectly fine. The bathroom was large. I think it's a good place for people who are driving, only staying 1-2 nights, and like very firm beds.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — Location, hard beds
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Very nice, clean and spacious accomodations. Close to the center of action in Sorrento. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Kitchenette in room was definitely a plus. The breakfast was excellent and her home made jellies were to die for. Highly recommended. I will be back!

• Liked — Size of the rooms and great breakfast
  • Disliked — No pool, but the beach is better anyways.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
tayloredeyes
Reviewed April 17, 2008

A word of caution. In Oct 2007, I booked two rooms at Villa Anna for April 2008. I personally phoned Anna to make the reservations, which I then e-mailed to confirm. I also asked if she required a deposit, to which I was told no. She responded to my e-mail also confirming the reservation and saying again no deposit was necessary because she had personally spoken to me. A week and a half before our arrival, I sent another e-mail saying we were excited to stay at Villa Anna. The responce I received was that I had not confirmed the rooms with an e-mail, so they had been given away. Because May 1 is an important holiday in Italy, and our stay was going to be during this holiday, it was very difficult to find other accomodations on such short notice. We almost had to cancel our visit to Sorrento. So beware when no deposits are asked for. They are an open ended permission for the owner to rent to the highest bidder.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank tailoredeyes
sydney
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Brief but enjoyable stay for 2 nights in Villa Anna.
We had a lovely room that overlooked the terrace and pool area (although guests can't swim in the pool), and the gardens.
Breakfast was simple but nicely done - croissants, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, tea/coffee.
The location is pretty good - only about 10 minutes walk from the station, and a further 5 minutes into the city centre. Can be a bit difficult to find as it is not that well signposted, also take care when walking out the gate, as there is lots of traffic, and no footpath directly outside the villa.
Would definitely recommend this B&B!

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank SydneyNik
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2007

My partner and I have just returned from a two week holiday staying at Villa Anna. We arrived by car and although we had a little problem finding the correct area it wasnt as bad as i had expected, it is very close by Sorrento football ground so that is a good landmark.
Our stay at Villa Anna was "simply the best" We had a double room with bathroom and small dining room/kitchen attached which had a fridge sink and hot plates. Although we didnt do any cooking it is handy for making a drink when you come back after a long day or keeping your wine chilled in the fridge.
We were made most welcome by all the staff on arrival and they were always on hand to answer any questions or to help out with any problems. Breakfast was a pure delight lots of choice and something for everyone.
The apartment was clean and towels and sheets changed regularly.
The gardens are wonderful, orange, lemon, grapefruit and walnut trees are everywhere and lots of grapes too. Anna's husband gave us some grapes and walnuts to try though it was too early for the lemons and oranges.
I would definitely recommend Villa Anna it is warm and friendly, very secure and peaceful and the apartments are clean.
The only downside is the fact you cannot use the pool, this is due to new health and safety laws laid down by the italian government.
I would also recommend if you are prone to getting bitten by mosquitoes take some repellent with you and buy a citronella candle from the local shops if you plan to sit outside at night.

• Liked — The locality, only a ten minute walk to town, the friendliness of the staff the cleanliness and wonderful gardens
  • Disliked — The only problem i could see was that there was no pool for guests but it did not spoil the holiday
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple