Book In Advance

from $51.50
More Info
from $90.50
More Info
All reviews nice beach italian beach the blue room sorrento train station amalfi coast rocks climb route
Reviewed October 10, 2018

This is a little bit of paradise just a few minutes from Sorrento. You will need to get the local A line bus to Capo,keep walking in the same direction when you get off and turn right at old white hotel, follow the lane down and after about 1K Puolo will come into view. It has a nice beach and some nice restaurants. On the right of the beach is a lagoon where you can swim.

2  Thank dancecrazee
Reviewed September 15, 2018

We walked to the beach from Sorrento using a route in the Sunflower book. The walk took about an hour each way.
Access to the beach is down a steep slope (which you will also need to climb back up again when you leave).

The beach is very busy, so you will need to turn up early to claim your spot. On the sandy part of the beach there are sun loungers and umbrellas which can be hired out. On the rocky part of the beach, no payment is required and there is still easy access to the sea.

When the tide is going out, the beach is very clean. We even had a quick chat to a local who was picking up litter. They really seem to have respect for the area. However, incoming tide also brings in litter from the sea.

There are also plenty of restaurants and hotels on the beach, although we didn't get around to trying any of them.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Incredible rocky beach
There is a little hut where a lady Renta sundeks and umbrellas
The sea is very clean and it wasn’t really crowded when I wen there even though it was a Sunday morning

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Alta Marea at Marina Di Puolo in The Blue Room. It was immaculately clean, spacious and everyone is very friendly. Marco, the owner, is so kind and helpful. It is a small marina frequented by mostly locals. Very quiet and relaxing. There are 5 restaurants with amazing food and friendly service. We were picked up right outside our front door by boat to transfer to larger marina for tours. Marco set all of it up for us. Very close to Sorrento. Breakfast is included and Marco picked us up and dropped us off at the Sorrento train station. Hope we can go back some day soon!!! Picture is the view from our room.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

I absolutely loved Marian di Puolo. We stayed at an airbnb- The Room on the beach - the Blue Room. The host is amazing. He took so great care of the airbnb and us, I'd go back in a hearbeat! The Marina is beautiful. Great place to hang at the beach or enjoy one of their wonderful resturants. Marina de Puolo was such a fun stay. So glad we found it.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

We were looking for a good place to eat on our next to last day in Sorrento and our villas owner recommended Ristorante La Tavernetta via Marina di Puolo. Hard to get to but the restaurant owner picked us up and drove us right to the door. A great service for his customers. This place turned out to be the best kept secret in Sorrento. The tables are right off the beach and the area is beautiful.
The owner ( his name escapes me) sat us down and we ordered a great bottle of wine. We were looking at the menu and we asked a few questions and told him what we liked and then he suggested that we let him decide and bring us several courses of our favorites. It was hands down one of the best meals we had in Italy. At least 6 courses started out with stuffed squash flowers and then octopus with clams and mussels. Then linguini and a great salad, A great piece of swordfish perfectly cooked. It all ended with delicious profiteroles. We were full but the location was so nice we sat around and finished our wine, no rush at all. We thanked the owner profusely then he drove us back to our front door. I can highly recommend Ristorante La Tavernetta if you are staying in Sorrento.

2  Thank John M
Reviewed April 25, 2018

When someone recommended to me, that I should go visit the south of Italy and especially Sorrento I was left flabbergasted with the distance involved...I was in Salzburg, Austria and a fellow traveler said, if you want to end your trip on a high go to Sorrento and see the Amalfi coast as well as the islands of Capri and Anacapri... With a travel time of approximately 23 hours lurking ahead, I set sail and it is a decision that I am proud off till date...

Getting off a business class seat aboard the uber luxurious Frecarrossia I boarded the circumvesuviana from Napoli station, almost immediately I was reminded off the ride in a local train in Mumbai, minus the views though...Yes, the views on offer are simply amazing, you pass through Pompeii among other places, the azure waters of the Italian peninsula definitely bowl you over...

My BnB was based is Marina di Puolo and had the best view to offer, the host Antonio and his staff were very hospitable...My travels covering the Amalfi coast is covered in my next write up...

Reviewed October 10, 2017

This is a great little beach hidden away from Sorrento behind the Capo peninsula. To reach it you will need to take the local bus to Capo or you can drive if you are brave enough to tackle the Italian traffic. It is only about 10 minutes on the bus then walk long the road away from Sorrento for a short distance, and take the small lane before the Hotel. It is a very quiet shady walk down hill for about 1K; but remember you will need to come back up again. Once there you will be greeted with an authentic Italian beach where you can swim in the sea or a small lagoon, sunbathe either on the beach or rock or rent a sunbed. There are some great bars and restaurants that are all at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

If you want an authentic italian beach experience, this is the place. It is much cheaper than the main beaches of sorrento costing us 15€ for two sunbeds and umbrella on the sundeck. A few good restaurants, cheap beer (1,5€ for a bottle of peroni) and good atmoshpere. A lot of families with young children and people buzzing, but thats what makes it so great! I imagine it is not for everybody ( if you are looking for luxury, this is the wrong place), but all in all worth visiting the clear, blue waters.

2  Thank Elina O
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Not touristy when we reach this place just enough people to enjoy this little bit area of beautiful beach promenade with restaurant and small hotel located here. What a fun!