“Rustic Eats”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Rustic Eats”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

At the end of a busy lane way you come upon this little gem. Was met by the owner at the door way inviting me in for a look. Showed me around his little restaurant and asked if I would like to have lunch I told him I was traveling with family and would return and I was glad I did. We got generous amounts of food served in a rustic style .This a family run place and they take great pride in the food they serve. You get service excellent food and a family atmosphere all for a reasonable price . I only wish I had one more than one day in Sorrento

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ciaotutti82

• Finnish first
Leeds
“Charming with authentic food and service”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We called in for a drink but loved the service and charm of the place so went back for lunch on our last day. We weren't sure, so the lady (whose name I didn't get, bad me!) offered a traditional Italian lunch. Well wow oh wow. Mozzeralla that was creamy but full of taste, parma ham that just melted, olives that were sharp but fresh. You couldn't go wrong and it was significant in size and such good value. This is a place you must visit on the back roads of Sorrento. You will not find more passion for food anywhere in the town...

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Karl F
Manchester
“Informal, fun, lovely, family run tavern”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had such a great meal here last night. Don't expect a menu, Ciro and his daughter will suggest what's available - my advice is to trust them and go for it! We had two seriously good pizzas, thick and crispy and chopped into small squares, washed down with a serious amount of wine. Extremely happy to pay €30 for the privilege.

It's not a formal restaurant, there is a long central picnic table in the centre with a few tables for two to the sides and plenty of character.

Ciro and his daughter are quite the characters and are passionate about their food, I'd much sooner go here then pay double for a formal sit-down with inferior food that seems to be widely available. Amongst the very best we have experienced in our travels through Italy.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DrewBerty
“Amazing little place!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this place and wee sold by the owner who took the time to tell us about her menu despite having a full house. We had to come back an hour later for a spot but it was worth it. The food was incredible and the service very friendly!! The price was also very reasonable. If we had another night there we would have gone back. Amazing!!

1 Thank Deb0rahtheexpl0rer
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Visit For Delicious Affordable Food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stumbled upon it whilst sightseeing and looking for somewhere to eat lunch. We were advised to try the 'tasting' menu which consisted of 3 platters of fresh produce which tasted amazing but couldn't finish as it was so large! We also had a small jug of their house white wine which was pretty good too. Guess how much this came to? €35!! This place is truly a gem, the food is great, the service is even better and well worth looking for. 1 of the 2 best places we ate at during our stay!

• Visited June 2014