TripAdvisor

from $42.74
from $43.87
from $62.99
More Info
All reviews boat trip amalfi drive half day trip large coach mt vesuvius views are amazing bucket list meeting point come alive visited pompeii fantastic trip would highly recommend this tour two hours olive oil points of interest excellent driver guide
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019

We have had a fabulous day today on the typical flavours tour. Firstly We got to see how limoncello and olive oil is made before trying the limoncello and different flavours of olive oil. We then had a 'rollercoaster' of a ride (in a good way) through a rustic italian town up into the mountains. We got to see how 4 types of cheese were made before trying them with wine and oils, delicious! The cheese was so fresh that it was made straight infront of our eyes after the 'cheeseman' went to milk the cow. We even saw newborn calves as well as the cows. The 'cheeseman' was great at talking us though everything step by step with a twist of humour too. For lunch we made traditional margherita pizzas which were delicious. Our guide Claudia was really knowledgable as well as funny and made us feel really comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed this hidden gem and would recommend it to anyone of any age visiting Sorrento who wants to get a taste of real Italian traiditons. Thank you to those who gave us a great experience!

Reviewed August 19, 2019

I was very happy with the service we received before, during, and after the tour. The travel arrangements were very organized. We were promptly met at the designated terminal and transported to our arranged meeting destination. The crew of the boat were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and thoughtful. We enjoyed the tour immensely. The only drawbacks and reason for 4 stars instead of five was attention to detail. The drinks we were served were warm. The lock on the bathroom door did not work. Additionally, upon scheduling the cruise I did not receive our train vouchers. When I emailed Goldentours, I was told we would receive the vouchers two days before the event. I did not receive them at that time. I had to call and was told I would receive them the afternoon before the event. I finally received them around 5:00 p.m. on the day before the event. This was a miscommunication which led to anxiety about the first leg of our journey.

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Our tour to Pompeii was excellent thanks to our guide, Roberta. She was entertaining and informed, and kept the tour moving along in spite of the heat and the crowds.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

The Greek templates are Paestum were absolutely amazing and stunning. Our tour guide was Caramella and she did a great job sharing her knowledge on the templates. Many people don't know about this place and many people we spoke to about this trip never even heard of it, so I was glad my husband found something amazing an unique.

The lunch place was on the grounds at Paestum had a great view and the food was average, but relaxing after spending the day walking in the hot sun.

After lunch your are given tickets to go and tour the Museum which has a lot of cool artifacts. Great to see up close.

The part of the tour that could be improved is the buffalo tour. You go to a farm look at the buffalo and cows and then you are served a small ball of mozzarella. A suggestion for the buffalo tour company would be to show how the mozzarella is made. If you can't show it live, then show a short video...educate people on the process and what is good mozzarella and what is not. Leave consumers searching for better quality mozzarella when they return home.

Overall it was a great tour, and I would have given 5 stars based on Paestum itself, but I took off one star for the buffalo tour. Inexpensive tour overall (compared to others) and well worth it.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Patricia_SunnyvaleCA
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Well organised & informative tour. Our wonderful Guide Raffie, was happy& knowledgeable on a very hot day. The lunch stop was much needed stop and good value for money. before we went to Herculaneum in the afternoon.