Goldentours Sorrento - Daily & Private Tours
Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Goldentours Sorrento - Daily & Private Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Goldentours Sorrento - Daily & Private Tours
from $128.73
from $47.85
from $44.43
from $63.79
More Info
All reviews boat trip half day trip pompeii and herculaneum mt vesuvius amalfi coast come alive fantastic trip would highly recommend this tour two hours points of interest private tour guide sites tiberias euro company 5hrs
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018

I used Goldentours for four separate one day tours- Naples, Capri, The Amalfi Coast and Pompei and Mt Vesuvius
Each tour was run by a different guide and the number of people on the tours varied from four to twenty. I found Goldentours on line prior to my stay in Sorrento. The contact and help I received during booking and planning the tours was excellent and very helpful. Some of the tours were not currently on their web site but I was told they were re vamping their web site to inc all versions of each tour. They emailed me four vouchers to other mt off st home and took my ca d details but said they wouldn’t take payments until the tours had taken place. Theor prices were comparable to other tour companies. If you wanted small numbers on the tour and direct pick up from your hotel of course it cost more. I was given pick up times but found out due to traffic sometimes they might pick up late, it would have been reassuring to know this in advance. Overall I was very pleased with the tours and the guides but two points I would like to have been better is that the guides inc all points of interest and places listed on the tour itinerary and not make each tour so rushed and took you to where they thought, not necessarily to where you wanted or expected. I also feel a full days tour should be until about 6pm return to your hotel but I was back around 4pm on all four tours, so felt I had missed out on seeing things and been rushed but all the guides seem to want to get back to beat the traffic but it meant each tour was two hours short in my mind. Don’t get me wrong the tours were good as were the guides but I would have liked more free time to see things by myself during each tour and had a chance to see everything I wanted to see.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

This tour was very efficiently done. Pick up from hotel was on time and guide did a fluent commentary in English and French. She knew her way around Pompei and so showed us the forum / theatre and good examples of shops, houses, baths etc., whilst trying to avoid the worst queues and crowds. There was an hour just outside the site for lunch (€14 extra or you could sit outside on the terrace to eat your own) and then a drive to Vesuvius where 90 minutes was allowed for anyone to climb the remaining 1000 meters to the rim of the crater and walk the path which goes halfway round the rim before rejoining the coach. We did manage the full walk but it took us the full time, with a few stops for photos, but at a good pace. I would recommend walking shoes/boots or trainers as the path is stony and loose grit.

My main issue was that Goldentours should make it clear that the extras - entrance fees at Pompei and Vesuvius - are both payable in cash on the coach to the tour guide, so that she can purchase a group ticket, so you need to be aware to carry enough cash. €15 Pompei and €10 Vesuvius. I didn’t eat lunch so can’t say whether the restaurant visited (Tiberius, Pompei) took card payment. It would also have been useful to have a guide as to timings at the time of booking.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank 378lizh
Reviewed July 23, 2018

The tour was great, the tour bus picked us up on time at our meeting location. Sandra, our tour guide, was outstanding, she called us her extended family and made everyone's day very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We did the half day trip to Mount Vesuvius by coach.

After a lot of commotion at the bus park we eventually found our coach which left on time.

Not much of an issue but it would be so much easier if they put a sign at the front of the coach with the destination.

Our guide Sophie was nice if a bit over the top.

Mount Vesuvius is well worth visiting as the views are stunning.

On the return to Sorrento the bus stopped at a mineral museum which wasn't advertised.

Frankly judging by the look on most people's faces they could have done without the stop.

It was reasonably interesting but you are tired and hot after climbing Vesuvius in the heat and just want to get back for a shower.

Our other gripe was the lack of air conditioning on the coach.

1  Thank garyj696
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We booked a Semi Private Boat Tour of Amalfi coast from Piano de Sorrento. Advertised as being run by Goldentours (an established tour company that run a lot of coach tours) we booked with Trip Advisor, got a confirmation from Viator and an email saying that Goldentours pick up was 9.50 from hotel.
Pick up was 30 mins late. Goldentours phone number was unobtainable. Got taken to a drop off point at Piano de Sorrento where we joined 80+ people and marched down the road to an escalator and along another road to the You Know! Office. Never heard of this company - where were Goldentours? Total shambles, waited for everyone to ‘check in’ - 8 boats in total. Our group was 18, not 12, but the plus side was we got a bigger and more comfortable boat. Boat left over an hour late. Boat trip was very pleasant with a great crew. 2 swimming stops. The English speaking host was a student who didn’t have a clue. No tannoy system so he just told a few people what we were looking at. Didn’t arrive in Amalfi until 2pm and the 2 hr stop was reduced to 1.5hrs - time for a drink and lunch but not enough time to see the cathedral or any other sights. Had another 1.5hrs in Positano where there wasn’t really enough to do other than look round the shops. We expected to get back around 5.30 but didn’t get back to the port until almost 7pm. We were taken back to the office, the young students working for You Know! didn’t know what to do with us - rang to find out, told us to wait for another boat coming in, then taken up escalator, left standing in street for 20 mins, eventually got taken to the minibuses at 7.45pm. Drivers were annoyed as they had been there waiting for us. Eventually got dropped off at hotel at almost 8pm (and we were first drop off!). In summary, a nice boat trip was ruined by the amaturish and unprofessional You Know! company that seems to only employ young students and is a sub contractor of other larger tour companies.

1  Thank Kathy M