Review Highlights
Fun place to visit

Limoncello is delisiouso but the workers make it fun! Worth visiting and sampling the different... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Mountaineer2009
Virginia
Fun

Great and lots of samples. The cookies were to die for. The vibe was fun...not like forced to buy... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Pastalover88
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $43.14
from $82.87
from $23.84
from $42.00
More Info
All reviews melon free samples delicious limoncello lemon cookies fun visit offering samples bought several balsamic vinegar shops selling our tour guide great fun candies liquor limone pistachio limoncella salesperson
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Although there are a great many shops selling limoncello in Sorrento, Limonoro actually makes it on the premises. They are very generous with their samples of all the various flavoured drinks and chocolates and they are clever enough to have the drinks available in plastic bottles for those of us flying home.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank colleen p
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We miss this cute store with super friendly people and delicious limoncello in different flavors and bottles. We couldn't resist the free samples of both the limoncello and the tasty treats.They did not push you to buy after giving you many free samples of cookies, pastries, chocolates, candy, and liquor. They really want you to experience all the goodies they make. Love this place. We wish we could have brought more of their limoncello and desserts back to USA. Must visit this store! Just an incredibly good experience !

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Amazing chocolates, sweets, biscuits and limoncello with an opportunity to try them all! Interesting to see the limoncello being made at the back of the store. Staff quite keen for you to buy their products, but not pushy. Also sell really lovely flavoured balsamic vinegar and other products from the region. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank ajcjgraham
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I have to say that testing limoncello at 10:30 in the morning is a bit ... indulgent ... questionable ... intoxicating. But in the end, I did have to agree that of all the shops on the streets of Sorrento -- those that were handing out samples, at least -- this was the best limoncello. Now, it's possible that my bar is set at a low level, because all I really ask is that the limoncello not taste soapy or like toilet bowl cleaner. This one actually tastes like lemons and is not cloyingly sweet. And it plays pretty well on the sensibilities at 10:30 in the morning. The creams weren't to my taste -- not the melon or the lemon -- but the cookies are darn good.

The staff is pretty eager to get you sampling and is darn good natured about it. I had the fortune to be in before the tour group arrived. It got hectic and less warm-and-fuzzy when that happened.

Now, Canadians! Plan ahead! If you are travelling to Sorrento and you are pretty sure you want to bring home some of this lovely elixir, you'll have to leave space in your checked luggage. They won't ship to Canada. For that matter, no one will from there, so there must be something in the import/export agreements. Rumor has it that the same is true for Australia. So, when I asked for options, they calmly offered bubble wrap and suggested that I go to the import limit for Canada inside my checked luggage. I wasn't sure what that was (check ahead) and in retrospect, the shop quoted me a volume too great -- I would have gotten stuck at the border, not to mention the cruise ship limit. They weren't so very accommodating when I suggested that I needed something small -- my bag was bursting BEFORE I left home. The bottle I did get was the size of a large point-and-shoot camera, flat, painted, and slipped into the edge of my suitcase and made it home fine. Two little painted glasses made it home inside my extra pair of shoes in my bag.

I can already tell that this little bottle is not going to be enough. Having gotten it home, it is good and very dear, and alas, not only will they not ship to Canada, it doesn't appear to be available through any seller in Canada. So, get it when you can -- while you're there -- and if you are sure you need to bring some home to Canada, check your limits, leave space in your luggage, double-check with the seller what the volume actually is on the bottle you want (no mL listed on the tags), collect your bubble wrap, send up a little prayer to the gods of luggage that yours will not get bashed around on the way home, cross your fingers that your clothes don't end up lemony en route, and enjoy what you can when you get it back to Canada.

Date of experience: June 2018
10  Thank SyrinxSounds
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Limoncello heaven, presuming of course you like it. So many different bottles and products but good that you get to try before you buy. Sorrento has a number of these places so not sure and to be honest al a bit same, same but different. Great fun though and very much part of the Sorrento experience.

Date of experience: July 2018