“Go for the dessert alone !!!”
Review of Terrazza Marziale

Terrazza Marziale
Ranked #15 of 285 Restaurants in Sorrento
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Go for the dessert alone !!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, good service and fabulous food. This is more fine dining than most places but worth it and the entrance is stunning. However, good as everything else was, we would return here just for the dessert. I'm not big on desserts and the desciption does not do it justice - Ricotta Cheese and Pear Flan - suggests a cake type of dish ? What was delivered looked beautiful and tasted like heaven. There was a biscuit like crunch at the base and then some pear and then like a combination of parfait,ice cream,white chocolate, with a raspberry coulis. Difficult to describe but then isn't that the beauty of divine food, you can't identify everything but you just know its exquisite.

1 Thank Danny B

• Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Elegant fine dining on a beautiful terrace.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a lovely evening meal here. It is fine dining in exceptionally elegant surroundings- very stylish and romantic. Staff are very professional and courteous. Ye, it is more expensive than many restaurants but in-line with what you get in terms of food and environment. We were dressed casually and were not made t feel uncomfortable but you could dress up to go here and it would warrant the effort!
I haven't given it 5 stars as i thought some of our dishes were a bit less than excellent.

1 Thank JLCgladstone
Goa, India
“A nice cool place on a hot day in Sorrento”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was really hot and we saw many small restaurants around. But the terrace of Palazzo marziale set on the first floor of the building was a delight. We sat among a lot of plants so it was like being in a garden.
Excellent food as well. We tasted their Polpo Arrostito (grilled squid), Spaghetti con Frutti Mare, a beautiful ravioli alla Caprese, Spaghetti with garlic. risotto al Limone, Costoletta di Vitello (nice and cooked perfectly pink).
The local wines were not very tempting so we settled for a Pouilly Fume 2007 which was very pleasant.
The restaurant is part of a hotel so not obvious to find. It is two minutes walk from the city lift.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JeromeMarrelGoa
United Kingdom
“Great service, wonderful food, beautiful table”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The entrance to this place is stunning, as is the beautiful view when you get up there. Doesn't overlook the sea or anything, but they have made this place into a lovely roof garden, with a relaxed and upmarket ambience to it. Service was impeccable from everyone, of course with the amusing addition of the slightly aloof model they have on reception! The food was divine, and our waiter couldn't do enough to help. It's a little more expensive than a lot of places in the area, but certainly worth it, book here for a special dinner, you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Dubai
“Delicious fine dining experience, though probably not a family oriented one.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were actually staying at Palazzo Marziale and were really looking forward to eat here after reading the TA reviews. Unfortunately it was fully booked on our first night, so we had to book for the next day and they even let my 7 year old choose the table (which made her look forward to the meal at 'her' table!)

We had the earliest booking at 7 pm, so luckily it was quiet to start with. The food was amazing, really well presented and very tasty. I only wish I had been a little hungrier, but I had had a big lunch too (it was Italy after all and I just couldn't stop eating!)

I ordered one of the menus which was brilliant, everything was outstanding (though by the time of the seabass I could hardly breath!) The ravioli were particularly tasty, some of the best I have ever tried.

My only advice would be that this is truly a fine dining experience, lasting a good 2 hours, which would have been no problem had we not been with our young children. Although I of course knew it was by no means a trattoria but a nice place, I wasn't expecting fine dining either. I might have done otherwise as it was a bit nerve wrecking having the only children in the restaurant and I didn't want to spoil anyone's dinner. But to be fair no one (staff or fellow diners) was anything but nice and gracious to my children and they managed to behave appropriately (most of the time!), though it was probably a bit much to ask them to sit down quietly for 2h after a very long day out.

The service was very, very slow, but it was a busy night and probably expected for a fine dining experience (and might have been helpful to build my appetite between courses!)

The restaurant is beautiful, in keeping with the hotel it is tastefully decorated, very elegant and a lot of attention to detail (from the cuttlery to the linen everything was just perfect). Even the menus are different for men and women (only the former had got prices on, which was a rather old fashioned touch, but like it's indeed done in certain upmarket outlets).

All in all, a memorable dinner experience in a beautiful place.

1 Thank jujuhaha