“Delicious fine dining experience, though probably not a family oriented one.”
Review of Terrazza Marziale

Terrazza Marziale
Ranked #27 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were actually staying at Palazzo Marziale and were really looking forward to eat here after reading the TA reviews. Unfortunately it was fully booked on our first night, so we had to book for the next day and they even let my 7 year old choose the table (which made her look forward to the meal at 'her' table!)

We had the earliest booking at 7 pm, so luckily it was quiet to start with. The food was amazing, really well presented and very tasty. I only wish I had been a little hungrier, but I had had a big lunch too (it was Italy after all and I just couldn't stop eating!)

I ordered one of the menus which was brilliant, everything was outstanding (though by the time of the seabass I could hardly breath!) The ravioli were particularly tasty, some of the best I have ever tried.

My only advice would be that this is truly a fine dining experience, lasting a good 2 hours, which would have been no problem had we not been with our young children. Although I of course knew it was by no means a trattoria but a nice place, I wasn't expecting fine dining either. I might have done otherwise as it was a bit nerve wrecking having the only children in the restaurant and I didn't want to spoil anyone's dinner. But to be fair no one (staff or fellow diners) was anything but nice and gracious to my children and they managed to behave appropriately (most of the time!), though it was probably a bit much to ask them to sit down quietly for 2h after a very long day out.

The service was very, very slow, but it was a busy night and probably expected for a fine dining experience (and might have been helpful to build my appetite between courses!)

The restaurant is beautiful, in keeping with the hotel it is tastefully decorated, very elegant and a lot of attention to detail (from the cuttlery to the linen everything was just perfect). Even the menus are different for men and women (only the former had got prices on, which was a rather old fashioned touch, but like it's indeed done in certain upmarket outlets).

All in all, a memorable dinner experience in a beautiful place.

1  Thank jujuhaha

Reviewed August 16, 2013

After another TA reviewer said that this was her favorite meal in Sorrento, we chose Terrazza Marziale for our final dinner in Sorrento, and we were not disappointed. I confess, we looked a fright walking in, after spending a full day in Capri and swimming. Our frumpy appearance notwithstanding, the staff attended to us with the utmost gracious service. Appetizers of prawns wrapped in prosciutto over stewed escarole, stuffed cannelloni and baby octopus were well prepared, flavorful and delicious. Main courses of sea bass, lemony risotto, lamb chops and seafood tempura were all yummy

This restaurant is not inexpensive. We paid €175 for two courses each for a family of four, including a bottle of wine. But well worth it for a lovely meal.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Amazed that this place dropped down the list with a terrible review. Thoroughly recommend the fish, the veal & the pasta

Reviewed August 13, 2013

As the title says, this is probably the best meal my girlfriend and I have ever had...not just in Sorrento, anywhere!

Our hotel (Regina) recommended Terrazza Marziale to us on arrival and we decided to visit on our last night here as our 'special night'. We were very glad we did.

The food was outstanding: Starter, Prawns wrapped in bacon with a cheese fondue (huge prawns perfectly cooked with a delicious sauce) Main, Pork loin with pine nuts, black truffle, potatoes and braised cabbage (from the specials menu, again extremely tasty), my girlfriend had the Sorrento lemon risotto which was equally as good and for dessert, Sfogliatelle with black cherry custard (the perfect end to the meal).

The service was excellent, the staff could not have been more attentive and helpful whilst still allowing you time and space to enjoy your meal.

The bill came to €112 for a 3 course meal each, a lovely bottle of wine and a bottle of water. We were very happy to pay this given the quality of food and standard of service. The night before we had a nice meal for €85 that was not in the same league!

We will without a doubt be back in Sorrento in the coming years and this place will be the number 1 restaurant for us to visit. As part of this trip we've eaten in some amazing restaurants in Lake Como, Lake Garda, Florence and in Sorrento, this was easily the best.

Thank you for a lovely night. See you again

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed in Sorrento for 2 weeks and sampled a decent number of the restaurants and overall this had to be the best one! we were a bit worried about the range of reviews, some saying excellent and some really bad ones (though a few of those did look like suspicious reviews!). Anyway we decided to give it a go and were not dissapointed! The food was excquisite! The beef particularly was a great main course but the cod was also delicious! The puddings were equally delicious. We were a bit worried about the comments on the service but could not understand what the complaints were about! The waiters were attentive but not overbearing and the head waiter was incredibly friendly, recommending an extremely good bottle of wine! You never even had to pour your own water! Our only fault with the meal would be that while you are looking at the menu you are given a small complimentary starter. this does not make it easy space wise to have the menus in your hand too, this would be much better given after the menus had been taken away. Also the restaurant is pricey (though food excellent) but it would be a nice touch for a complimentary drink at the end (a shot of limoncello) as when your spending that much it would not cost the restaurant anything to do this but is a nice gesture. These are small points though! the worst part was probably upon paying the bill as the women at the exit manning the credit card machine was actually quite rude when you made conversation with her. All in all though if you have one night in Sorrento visit here!

1  Thank btr24