All reviews honesty bar superb hosts amalfi coast own garden shuttle service lemon and olive groves split level cakes home from home italian hospitality peaceful location fresh eggs gelato short drive huge bathroom prior to our arrival incredible views
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Villa Caronila is a wonderful place to stay. Emanuela and Carlo are such incredible hosts - so friendly, so helpful, so accommodating. When we first arrived I wondered whether we should have stayed so far out of Sorrento but I quickly realised that the answer was "yes!"...the villa and rooms are beautiful, the views from on top of the hill are stunning and Sorrento can be busy and overcrowded. It was very easy to walk down to the town and the shuttle bus is really helpful as well. We ate there on a couple of occasions and the food was delicious. They have such delicious home-grown, organic produce. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to visit the region.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place, great food and very friendly personel. Family owned. Carlo, Emanuela and Pepe are very good at what they do. They have manners and will do more than most to accomodate their guests. When in trouble (in our case) they put all their time and effort to help out.

Specific rating:

1. Room: 4,5/5 ( clean, spacious, well kept, comfortable)
2. Wi-Fi: 5/5 (Great connection and bandwith)
3: Cellular: 1/5 (Connection in some places sporadicaly)
4. Breakfast: 5/5 (Just great!)
5. Dinner: 5/5 (Carlo’s creations: antipasti, main dish, dessert)
6. Parking: 4/5 ( narrow street leading to the parking lot, the parking lot is otherwise very good)
7. View: 5/5 (sunset, the mountains and the see are all there to behold from the terrace)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My new wife and I stayed at Villa Carolina for our honeymoon or 'Luna Di Miele' as Emmanuella told us it was called in Italy. It was the perfect setting for a romantic getaway. From the stunning views and sunsets over the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius to the comfy authentically styled bedrooms, Villa Carolina certainly was the perfect home from home for us to stay and made our honeymoon that extra bit special.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Emanuela and her husband Carlo with a glass of delicious home-made lemonade (the best I've ever had). Emanuela was so friendly and gave us loads of advice about trips we could take and things to see around the area, as we had been so busy planning the wedding, we hadn't really thought of much to do whilst in Italy, so her honest advice and tips of best things to do was really appreciated.

We spent two of our four nights in Sorrento eating the delicious food prepared by Carlo and Emanuela at the hotel, the food was such a bargain at 25 Euros for a 3 course set meal of lovingly prepared home-cooked Italian goodness! We loved being suprised by what Carlo the chef had prepared (you just get what you are given - but it is all AMAZING! - we wish that more restaurants just brought you out something nice - I hate menus!) we would highly reccomend eating at the villa. The other two nights we walked down to Marina Grande, about 30 minutes walk down the hill from the Villa, the walk is stunning - although I wouldnt' reccomend walking back up in the day time, but at night, with a torch, it is fine for the younger traveller. But if walking isn't your thing, then there is a regular shuttle bus service to and from the villa, we made use of this when we felt too lazy to walk, but if you can walk to town at least once it is worth it.

The rooms were beautiful, we stayed in the junior suite, it had a lovely jacuzzi bath upstairs and loads of authentic Italian tiles all over the room (Emanuella told us that the villa used to belong to an antique dealer hence the beautiful original features). The bed was really comfy and when we arrived it was covered in rose petals and we had been left a bottle of Prossecco by Emanuela and Carlo for our honeymoon present. There was loads of space in the room and the airconditioning was a welcome addition to cool the room down (although we shut the blinds daily so the room never got too hot) The balcony was the perfect sun trap to snooze and catch the evening rays after a busy day site seeing, or if you wanted to visit the large jacuzzi you could stroll down to the gardens on the terrace below the house and hop in, it took a while to warm up, but it was so hot outside the cool water was welcome! And I know I've mentioned them already, but the views were stunning!

Breakfast was probably the best breakfast i've ever had at a hotel, from home baked cakes and pastries, to meats, omlettes, cheeses, fruits and juices.Carlo and Emanuela certainley went to town on the breakfast and it was lovely to eat on the terrace with the views down to Sorrento.

On top of all the great features of the hotel, one of the best parts about it was Emanuela and Carlo's hospitality, they made us feel so welcome and a part of the family for the short time we were at the villa, Emanuela's English language is as good as a native English speaker and we had lovely conversations about many topics ranging from our trips around the world to the state of politics and bad Italian drivers! Emanuela made us feel so welcome to be staying at her house and we hope to return at some point in the future to meet her little baby when they are born.

Thank you Emanuela and Carlo for making our honeymoon so memorable, we had a fantastic time and fell in love with the villa and your hospitality! We would recommend staying here without hesitation.

Room tip: Views from the junior suite are amazing
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2019

My husband and I stayed at Villa Carolina during our honeymoon in Italy and I can't say enough good things about this place. The villa is beautiful and the views from the terrace overlooking Sorrento and the bay are stunning (especially while enjoying a glass of wine!). The location of Villa Carolina was perfect for us because it provided a relaxing countryside Italian experience while still being close to the city center and the Sorrento Bay. The villa also provided an extremely convenient shuttle service to and from the center of town multiple times a day so we never had to take the bus or pay for a taxi.

While the Villa itself was beautiful and in a great location, the best part about our stay was the hospitality provided by the hosts, Emanuela and Carlo. I honestly don't think there could be two nicer people who care about their guests more than these two. From the moment we arrived Emanuela made sure we had everything we needed for a wonderful stay--transportation accommodations, restaurant reservations, recommendations on shops, tours, etc. Emanuela and Carlo cooked breakfast for us every morning and we also took cooking lessons with Emanuela and her mom which was the highlight of our trip. They taught us how to make homemade pizza dough, pasta, sauce and tiramisu all from scratch.

Staying at Villa Carolina provided a truly authentic Italian experience that no hotel would be able to provide. I couldn't recommend this place more highly to family and friends, and I can't wait to visit again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2019

When we first walked in Carlo grabbed all of our luggage to take to our room and Emanuela sat us down with some fresh made pastries and a lemon drink to talk about the property, check us in and fill us in on the area. From that moment, I knew we picked the right place. Emanuela was so sweet and helpful answering any questions, giving recommendations and making calls to arrange things on our behalf. And the property, the rooms and decor were all amazing. We stayed in the room with the terrace the first 2 nights and then due to availability switched to the garden room for the last night. Both rooms were amazing and I would stay in either one in a heartbeat. My favorite was the one with the terrace however the garden room had a huge bathroom and large sitting space. My Brother & Sister in Law had the room with the sea view and it was also beautiful. Breakfast in the morning was a display of fresh baked goods by Emanuela, fresh jams from the fruit in the garden, yogurts, fresh squeezed orange juice from their trees (which was the best orange juice I have ever had) and more, Carlo would make you any type of eggs that you wanted in addition to your coffee of choice. We did both fried and poached eggs during our stay and I am still thinking about his poached duck egg. They had an honor bar so if you needed a water or wine or beer, you could just go downstairs and help yourself and jot it down in the book and they would add it to your bill at the end. Their is a free shuttle bus that runs to and from town as well. We decided to dine at Carlo's family restaurant Bar Ruccio while we were there and it was our favorite meal of the trip! Just the simple pasta limoni was amazing (I would love their sauce recipe) and the seafood so fresh. We were treated very well there and their shuttle was busy so Emanuela even gave us a ride to and from dinner. Emanuela was fun to talk to and always helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would recommend to anyone else to stay here. The views are breathtaking as you can see in the pictures, but what really made the place for me are the people that run it as they are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the out and you can see they truly love what they do.

Room tip: I dont think you would be disappointed with any room.
Date of stay: June 2019