All reviews honesty bar amalfi coast pick ups courtesy shuttle lovely hosts lemon and olive groves cakes split level own garden private terrace short drive home away from home incredible views italian hospitality beautiful property gelato gelateria
Reviewed September 3, 2018

We stayed at Villa Carolina for two days during our honeymoon. The owner Emanuela made the stay better then expected. She answered all our questions and gave us a lot of tips and foremost made us feel very welcomed. The hotel is situated aprox 25 minutes of walking downhill to Sorrento and uphill back (sweaty) but there is a bus going to Sorrento that will cost aprox 1 euro single trip that will get you to Sorrento in no time. The rooms is Lovely and the breakfast is hard to beat. And What is better after a sweaty walk uphill than getting into the jacuzzi with a glass of Prosseco?

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We would like to thank Emamuela and Carlo and their family for a unique experience in the hills above Sorrento. The food was superb, the atmosphere genial. Our hosts were the best on our 7 country trip at helping us have a great experience. Add in a beautiful natural setting with a stunning view and you have a heavenly visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Normally I don’t like to do reviews (I know my bad). But I couldn’t skip the opportunity to share with the world my opinion about this magical place. First starts once you arrive you can see amd feel the love in everything there. After having a sweet welcome from the amazing Emanuela we went to our beautiful room. I was astonished how everything looka amazing, clean, homy and professional at the same time. Woke up with the birds singing beautifully, smell of nature and had an amazing breakfast. I can’t describe the experience we had but it made me feel I was in a dream. Thank you Emanuela for hosting us and treat as a part of your family. We loved everything about your house and we will definitely come back there. If you have any doubts you will enjoy this place please take my advice that JUST go there and feel the magica. Amazing, amazing and amazing. Im so happy and grateful we spent the last 3 days there.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Emanuela and Carlo are perfect hosts, don't stress and ask Emanuela to organise trips, excursions and transfers. The Villa is great, the food is excellent and most of it comes from the gardens at the Villa our from Emanuels's Dad's garden. We'll be going again and probably again after that.

Room tip: They're all good.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank greg965
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We spent just one night at Villa Carolina as we moved from Positano closer to our train to Rome and we were sad to leave after just 24 hours. Villa Carolina is a gem, just outside of town, but close enough to take a pictureqsue walk to the town center. This family's home has so much charm, was immaculately clean, has stunning views of the sea and best yet...is staffed by the most wonderful people! Emma could not have been more accommodating. My husband and I arrived in Sorrento on the ferry from Positano and Emma met us at the ferry port and drove us to Villa Carolina. She also arranged transportation for us after dinner that night at the family owned restaurant Ruccio. Breakfast on our way out the next morning was delicious and there were many options. We absolutely recommend this special place 100% and can't wait to visit again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple