All reviewshonesty baramalfi coastpick upsauthentic italian stylesuperb hostsservice stopscharming place to stayitalian friendsgluten intolerantsplit levelsmall touchescourtesy shuttlequiet retreatminute downhill walkand freshly squeezed orange juiceeggs made to orderprivate terrace
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We would like to thank Emamuela and Carlo and their family for a unique experience in the hills above Sorrento. The food was superb, the atmosphere genial. Our hosts were the best on our 7 country trip at helping us have a great experience. Add in a beautiful natural setting with a stunning view and you have a heavenly visit.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Normally I don’t like to do reviews (I know my bad). But I couldn’t skip the opportunity to share with the world my opinion about this magical place. First starts once you arrive you can see amd feel the love in everything there. After having a sweet welcome from the amazing Emanuela we went to our beautiful room. I was astonished how everything looka amazing, clean, homy and professional at the same time. Woke up with the birds singing beautifully, smell of nature and had an amazing breakfast. I can’t describe the experience we had but it made me feel I was in a dream. Thank you Emanuela for hosting us and treat as a part of your family. We loved everything about your house and we will definitely come back there. If you have any doubts you will enjoy this place please take my advice that JUST go there and feel the magica. Amazing, amazing and amazing. Im so happy and grateful we spent the last 3 days there.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Emanuela and Carlo are perfect hosts, don't stress and ask Emanuela to organise trips, excursions and transfers. The Villa is great, the food is excellent and most of it comes from the gardens at the Villa our from Emanuels's Dad's garden. We'll be going again and probably again after that.

Room Tip: They're all good.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank greg965
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We spent just one night at Villa Carolina as we moved from Positano closer to our train to Rome and we were sad to leave after just 24 hours. Villa Carolina is a gem, just outside of town, but close enough to take a pictureqsue walk to the town center. This family's home has so much charm, was immaculately clean, has stunning views of the sea and best yet...is staffed by the most wonderful people! Emma could not have been more accommodating. My husband and I arrived in Sorrento on the ferry from Positano and Emma met us at the ferry port and drove us to Villa Carolina. She also arranged transportation for us after dinner that night at the family owned restaurant Ruccio. Breakfast on our way out the next morning was delicious and there were many options. We absolutely recommend this special place 100% and can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

What a perfect home away from home. This villa is just beautiful. We stayed here for 3nights but wished we had booked more! The location for us was perfect, out of the way of the hustle and bustle in a nice quiet area but still close enough to easily get into sorrento. Its a great walk down the hill to sorrento (though there is a public bus available and a late night bus also put on by the villa) there are restaurants you can walk to that are not far from the villa too. Emanuela and Carlos are the perfect hosts! On arrival Emanuela told us so much about the local area, where to go and what to do. And she also recommended a fabulous locals beach to go to as we had a car. Emanuela is so knowledgable and both her and Carlos are very passionate about the business they run. We didn't actually have dinner at the villa on this visit (we will when we return) but the food looked and smelled lovely!! The villa is kept to such a high standard, the Jacuzzi is a lovely added extra as well so you can relax looking at the views for the day. The rooms are spotless and the garden is kept so lovely. I love the small touches like the honesty bar, the fact they use all their own grown products, the photo they take of you at the end of your stay. We really cannot speak highly enough of Villa Carolina. I think its safe to say we would rate this stay as one of the best we have ever had anywhere.Thank you Emanuela and Carlos for such an amazing stay, you really are the most wonderfull hosts!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple