TripAdvisor
Top Excursion Sorrento
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Experience!

Giovanni came highly recommended from some friends and now I understand why. We used Top Excursions... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
emccarthy11
Excellent service!

They are all great all the drivers wonderful, can't say enough, like having a private tour guide... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Vacation Home R... B
Wading River, New York

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $95.94
from $191.89
from $81.27
from $100.46
More Info
All reviews sorrentino winery amalfi coast wine vineyard long excursion tour information lido azzurro train station light hearted lost luggage personalized experience great recommendations rome airport air conditioned mercedes van recommended a great restaurant driving experience historical sites his team
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Amazing experience, speaks (English, Italian, Spanish and French),friendly, professional, new vehicle with soft leather seats and comfort for our family with teens, knowledgeable and is plugged into all the best from our trip. Our trip was Rome - Pompeii - Sorrento - Amalfi Coast - Rome.

My husband found Giovanni on the Internet with a 5 star rating, so reached out to arrange for our trip to Sorrento from Rome with a stop over in Pompeii. Giovanni’s Mercedes AMG was amazingly comfortable and new! He arranged a last minute private tour guide for us in Pompeii in the rain for two hours. The Guide was knowledgeable, patient and kind. We then drove to Sorrento to check-in to our Airbnb, but Giovanni went above and beyond and drove us around Sorrento on our way to our Airbnb to get feel of town and where to go.

Day 2 - He picked us up 48 hours later and we hired him for a day along the Amalfi Coast with stop off in Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. He told stories about the scenic views, historic sites and allowed us to stop and take pics along the way. He also made lunch reservation for us in Amalfi at a quaint waterfront restaurant. It was such a relaxing and pleasant ride that allowed our family to be a family and not manage driving those winding roads.

Day 3 - Giovanni picked us up the following day in Sorrento and drove us back to Rome. My teenagers loved him, too! We got our pic with him and truly were sad when it was time to leave. He was so incredibly engaging with information and answering questions.

Did I mention he is a well dressed Italian man! He made us look good;).

I appreciate all the hours, driving and friendly knowledge he shared along the way. If it wasn’t for Giovanni I truly believe our Italy trip with our teens would have been a lot more stressful!

We had car services and guides in other countries and nothing is close to Giovanni!

His pricing was reasonable and he has different vehicles for your size family.

Date of experience: November 2019
Giovanni-Guidone, Owner at Top Excursion Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you, Thank you l, Thank you!!!
It was a pleasure to meeting such a nice family...

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The reason I booked Top Excursions was because I read all your wonderful, helpful reviews. Daniele was early for our scheduled Rome hotel pickup in his beautifully clean black Mercedes. He drove us to Sorrento but on the way we stopped at Sorrentino's winery for lunch and organic wine tasting. Then he took us to Pompeii for a tour and arranged a guide for us (she was amazing). Last stop was a drop off at our Sorrento hotel. We enjoyed our time so much that we requested him again for our drop off at Naples airport. Again early, professional, clean and friendly. When we think back on our trip we realize how Daniele really was amazing and the cost was worth the lack of stress as it was my husband's first time to Europe. Top Excursions exceeded our expectations which was difficult as I already expected 5 star. We hope to be back and Daniele said they are happy to drive anywhere in the country. So great!

1  Thank Adrienne S
Giovanni-Guidone, Proprietario at Top Excursion Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hi Adrienne,
thank you for your feed back...
we do all the best to make happy our clients/friends.....

hope to see you again.

GIOVANNI .... AND ALL MY TEAM

Reviewed October 30, 2019

Our visit started in Rome, and continued to Sorento. Over the course of 3 days, we visited Vineyards, Church's, Beautiful towns and Historical Sites.
Top Excursions did it all!
I have never been more impressed by a company, that will take the time to hire drivers of quality. The Experience, Security, and Comfort, I received was just the beginning of my experience. Our Driver Daniele presented in a full suite, he was driving a Mercedes Van, it was clean and stocked with cold water for us. He opened the doors and assisted us with luggage. He took the time to tell us about Italy and the towns we past on our way to Sorento. Daniele was very interested in making our experience in Italy the very best, He recommended restaurants, and always had the car cool and stood waiting by the car incase we needed anything. The winding roads of the Amalfi Coast drive was relaxing and exciting. Our experienced driver from TopExcursions made all the difference on my vacation with my friends. Thank you for my wonderful memories of Italy!

1  Thank mariatV8143FN

Hi Maria,
thank you for your feedback.
Im happy to hear that you had a nice time with my driver Daniel.
We try the best to make confortable ourclients/friends.

Hope to hear from you again.
Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 30, 2019

My friends and I were picked up @ our Hotel in Rome by Top Excursions for our trip to Sorrento, Italy. Our driver Daniele was prompt, courteous and oh so knowledgeable of Italy as we made our way to Sorrento and the beautiful and stunning scenery of the Amalfi Coast. We stopped in Naples for lunch and Daniele recommended a great restaurant where we had a wonderful meal overlooking Gulf of Naples. Each excursion we took with Top Excursion was made memorable by the professionalism and dedication of our driver Daniele. His sense of humor, dedication and enthusiasm to providing first class service is second to none!! As well, his knowledge of each place we visited was outstanding AND his excellent driving skills provided for a relaxed enjoyable trip each and every excursion. Every recommendation he made for us (even when we were on our own) was First Class! He took the time and attention with every detail of our trip to provide a memorable experience.
Thank you TOP EXCURSIONS and Daniele for another wonderful trip in Italy.

1  Thank ellenk780

Thank you for your feedback.

Hope to see you soon.

Best Regards
Giovanni... and my team!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2019

We used Top Excursion Sorrento 3 separate times while visiting Italy in September. We appreciated the professionalism, punctuality and friendliness of each driver. Giovanni definitely is running a first class service and we appreciate the hospitality. We will definitely use his company again and refer him to friends. Thank you

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank M B

Grazie!!!
I try my best to make comfortable the vacation of my clients/friends.

Hope to see you again.