Top Excursion Sorrento
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Pompeii, Winery, Mt Vesuvius tour

First time in Italy and my wife and I decided to take a tour of some historical locations. Our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jcsteward2063
via mobile
Great service to enhance trip in Sorrento

We only booked the round trip transfer service between Naples and Sorrento. Both drivers who we... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
NL826

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $85.28
from $112.57
from $61.40
from $68.23
More Info
All reviews sorrentino winery amalfi coast wine vineyard long excursion tour information train station lido azzurro driver roberto light hearted lost luggage personalized experience rome airport driving experience great recommendations air conditioned mercedes van his team two week trip
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

My daughter and I recent spent nearly two weeks in Italy. We started in Rome, and our itinerary included stays at the coast, and in Florence. We booked Top Excursion Sorrento for all of our transfer needs between cities. Our first transfer was from Rome to Sorrento, and Daniel was our driver. Daniel was punctual and very professional, but warm and friendly. He provided interesting information during our trip, include historical facts and restaurant recommendations. We were delighted with Daniel, so I texted Giovanni (the owner) and requested Daniel for the remainder of our transfers. My request was granted, and Daniel was our driver for: a transfer from Positano to Florence; an excursion from Florence to a Tuscan vineyard (Giovanni schedule a tour and lunch for us); and Florence to the Rome airport (with a 3:00 am pick up time). On the way from Rome to Sorrento, he stopped at Pompeii, where he secured a tour guide for just us. The drive from Positano to Florence was long and challenging due to the number of travelers on the road returning from holiday. Regardless of the circumstances, Daniel maintained a positive, professional and caring attitude. He was more than accommodating , continued to provide us with nuggets of interesting and historical facts along the way. It was like traveling with a friend. Daniel really contributed to our enjoyment of our vacation. He even gave us parting gifts (Limoncello) when he dropped us off at the airport in Rome and checked later to make sure we made it back home to the U.S. safely. Daniel is the best!

1  Thank Evelyn P
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

I booked a transfer from Positano to Naples and was lucky to have Giovanni as our driver considering he is the owner and has several drivers. I spoke with him twice to change our reservations from 2 to 4 and to reconfirm the time and place to meet. I was staying at the beach level in Positano and had to meet him on one of the parking garages up the mountain. His Mercedes van is top notch with comfortable leather seats, spacious and excellent AC. Giovanni also has complimentary water bottles and even power outlets for our phones. He is very friendly and ensures that his passengers are safe. We did an excursion to Sorrento and the driver chosen by the agency to do the transfer back to Positano almost crashed 3 times so having someone like Giovanni ensuring our safety on the road while riding a very comfortable ride gave us peace of mind. We will most definitely use his services when we get back to Positano.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

My wife and I just completed a sensational day with Rino on a day trip to the Amalfi Coast and back to Rome.

In spite of the early morning start and long drive, Rino maintained a highly positive attitude and a genuine desire to ensure that the excursion met and exceeded our expectations as first-time travelers to the region. The vehicle was clean and comfortable, and Rino went out of his way to accommodate some mobility limitations of my wife due to recent knee surgery. We got a full taste of the area as he wound his way through Sorrento, Positiano, Amalfi and Ravallo, offering his informed observations and guiding our stops for breathtaking views, special shopping, and a phenomenal lunch experience high up on the cliffs at Ciccio in Amalfi (not to be missed!). Even with an ambitious itinerary, he often suggested even more opportunities to see and experience the area's features.

It was clear that Rino takes great pride in his work, and he was equally proud of the company he works for. The Amalfi Coast is an extraordinary place, and it was made even more special by the professional and friendly manner that Rino handled our day together. We will treasure the memories of this special day.

1  Thank 317patrick
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Giovanni was an awesome host and driver. He picked us up at Napoli Centrale in his "suite", a large Mercedes van with plenty of room for baggage and relaxing on our way to Sorrento. He was kind and quick to respond to any message. I could not have asked for any better service.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019

For my granddaughter's high school graduation and acceptance into the University of Rhode Island's Pharmacy Doctorate program in the falll of 2019, I had the pleasure of taking my granddaughter to Italy. We were very fortunate to pick Top Excursion Sorrento for our guide. Our driver was Daniel Gargiulo and we could not have asked for a more professional, courteous and entertaining driver and guide. He picked us up from Rome and drove us to Sorrento, with a stop for a tour in Herculean, in a well-appointed Mercedes. The next day he took us on a drive along the Amalfi Coast and he knew every inch of it and told us so much about what we were seeing - from Sophia Loren's home to stories of days long past. The next day we went on a tour of Pompeii and Vesuvius. Perhaps the highlight of the tour was a full day in Capri on a private 42 footer (just for me and my granddaughter). We visited every grotto and had a great lunch high above the clifts. Our last day was spent driving back to Rome and we had a stop at my cousin's reassurance in a small town called Caiazzo.
I hight recommend Giovanni's company for anyone who truly wants a very personal experience visiting Italy and especially the area around Sorrento. I also recommend that you ask for Daniel to be your drive. Your will be totally pleased.
Best regards,