Top Excursion Sorrento
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great service to enhance trip in Sorrento

We only booked the round trip transfer service between Naples and Sorrento. Both drivers who we... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
NL826
Top Excursion Sorrento & Leo Provide an Outstanding Experience!

This was our first trip to Italy (a mother and daughter trip). I picked Top Excursion Sorrento... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
lavender315
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $60.65
from $41.56
from $29.20
from $84.23
More Info
All reviews sorrentino winery wine vineyard amalfi coast tour information long excursion train station driver roberto lido azzurro light hearted lost luggage driving experience great recommendations rome airport air conditioned mercedes van his team two week trip always on time
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

My wife and I just completed a sensational day with Rino on a day trip to the Amalfi Coast and back to Rome.

In spite of the early morning start and long drive, Rino maintained a highly positive attitude and a genuine desire to ensure that the excursion met and exceeded our expectations as first-time travelers to the region. The vehicle was clean and comfortable, and Rino went out of his way to accommodate some mobility limitations of my wife due to recent knee surgery. We got a full taste of the area as he wound his way through Sorrento, Positiano, Amalfi and Ravallo, offering his informed observations and guiding our stops for breathtaking views, special shopping, and a phenomenal lunch experience high up on the cliffs at Ciccio in Amalfi (not to be missed!). Even with an ambitious itinerary, he often suggested even more opportunities to see and experience the area's features.

It was clear that Rino takes great pride in his work, and he was equally proud of the company he works for. The Amalfi Coast is an extraordinary place, and it was made even more special by the professional and friendly manner that Rino handled our day together. We will treasure the memories of this special day.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank 317patrick
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Giovanni was an awesome host and driver. He picked us up at Napoli Centrale in his "suite", a large Mercedes van with plenty of room for baggage and relaxing on our way to Sorrento. He was kind and quick to respond to any message. I could not have asked for any better service.

Reviewed July 21, 2019

For my granddaughter's high school graduation and acceptance into the University of Rhode Island's Pharmacy Doctorate program in the falll of 2019, I had the pleasure of taking my granddaughter to Italy. We were very fortunate to pick Top Excursion Sorrento for our guide. Our driver was Daniel Gargiulo and we could not have asked for a more professional, courteous and entertaining driver and guide. He picked us up from Rome and drove us to Sorrento, with a stop for a tour in Herculean, in a well-appointed Mercedes. The next day he took us on a drive along the Amalfi Coast and he knew every inch of it and told us so much about what we were seeing - from Sophia Loren's home to stories of days long past. The next day we went on a tour of Pompeii and Vesuvius. Perhaps the highlight of the tour was a full day in Capri on a private 42 footer (just for me and my granddaughter). We visited every grotto and had a great lunch high above the clifts. Our last day was spent driving back to Rome and we had a stop at my cousin's reassurance in a small town called Caiazzo.
I hight recommend Giovanni's company for anyone who truly wants a very personal experience visiting Italy and especially the area around Sorrento. I also recommend that you ask for Daniel to be your drive. Your will be totally pleased.
Best regards,
Tony Lucca

1  Thank 447tony
Reviewed July 12, 2019

I first found Top Excursion Sorento on trip advisor about a month before our trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. The owner Giovanni was very responsive to my various inquiries and even called me long distance to the USA to firm up our plans. There were a lot of choose from private car companies in Italy but I am glad I chose this company for our 4 private transport trips: one from the Rome airport to Civitevechia for a cruise, the next from the end of the cruise to Sorrento, the third for a day long excursion to the Amalfi coast (Positano, Amalfi, and Revello), and the final trip from Sorrento to the Rome airport (side trip to Herculeam and private wine tasting experience on the slope of mount Vesuvius. We had three different drivers. Each was on time, charged the agreed upon amount, and were very safe. The cars were mercedes in great condition and very clean. We had Leo for the Amalfi coast trip and return trip to Rome airport. If you have never been on the Amalfi coast you DO NOT want to rent a car and drive it yourself. Like being in a video game. There are cars and scooters all over the place. Leo was amazing. My wife is the ultimate back seat driver and she never felt like Leo ever pushed the envelope and was very careful the entire trip. He was also super knowledgeable about the area. Trust me you want to take a private tour for this area and Leo is the man to drive you. Usually the return trip to the airport would be uneventful but Leo made the side trips to Herculeam and the wine vineyard very interesting.

All in all I can highly recommend this company for your private transport needs in the southern Italy area.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We have been fortunate enough to have travelled to The Amalfi Coast several times now and we ALWAYS use Giovanni. He was recommended to us by a local guy on our initial visit and we have used him since. He now has over 8 vehicles, but that doesn’t take anything away from the 5 star service provides. He has provided us with transfers to and from Naples airport and train station to Amalfi, Sorrento, and even Rome. He is the type of businessman that never says no. We have experienced unmatched professional services. He and his drivers also are happy to point out the great local hidden gems. On time he took us to a small family owned restaurant on the side of a mountain, we all went in and Giovanni’s own Mother was there eating!!!! He has taken us to so many amazing places that we never would have found without him. I have recommended his company on many occasions to several friends planning travel to Italy. I ALWAYS receive thanks from the people I refer. I highly recommended this company. They have more than earned our families trust.

2  Thank Robert A