Top Excursion Sorrento
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Simple travel in a hectic place.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
huntery2019
via mobile
Dream trip with my granddaughter

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
447tony
Cranston

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $41.76
from $100.46
from $95.94
from $79.01
More Info
All reviews sorrentino winery wine vineyard amalfi coast tour information long excursion train station driver roberto lido azzurro light hearted lost luggage great recommendations air conditioned mercedes van his team rome airport always on time two week trip olive oil factory
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Giovanni was an awesome host and driver. He picked us up at Napoli Centrale in his "suite", a large Mercedes van with plenty of room for baggage and relaxing on our way to Sorrento. He was kind and quick to respond to any message. I could not have asked for any better service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For my granddaughter's high school graduation and acceptance into the University of Rhode Island's Pharmacy Doctorate program in the falll of 2019, I had the pleasure of taking my granddaughter to Italy. We were very fortunate to pick Top Excursion Sorrento for our guide. Our driver was Daniel Gargiulo and we could not have asked for a more professional, courteous and entertaining driver and guide. He picked us up from Rome and drove us to Sorrento, with a stop for a tour in Herculean, in a well-appointed Mercedes. The next day he took us on a drive along the Amalfi Coast and he knew every inch of it and told us so much about what we were seeing - from Sophia Loren's home to stories of days long past. The next day we went on a tour of Pompeii and Vesuvius. Perhaps the highlight of the tour was a full day in Capri on a private 42 footer (just for me and my granddaughter). We visited every grotto and had a great lunch high above the clifts. Our last day was spent driving back to Rome and we had a stop at my cousin's reassurance in a small town called Caiazzo.
I hight recommend Giovanni's company for anyone who truly wants a very personal experience visiting Italy and especially the area around Sorrento. I also recommend that you ask for Daniel to be your drive. Your will be totally pleased.
Best regards,
Tony Lucca

Reviewed July 12, 2019

I first found Top Excursion Sorento on trip advisor about a month before our trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. The owner Giovanni was very responsive to my various inquiries and even called me long distance to the USA to firm up our plans. There were a lot of choose from private car companies in Italy but I am glad I chose this company for our 4 private transport trips: one from the Rome airport to Civitevechia for a cruise, the next from the end of the cruise to Sorrento, the third for a day long excursion to the Amalfi coast (Positano, Amalfi, and Revello), and the final trip from Sorrento to the Rome airport (side trip to Herculeam and private wine tasting experience on the slope of mount Vesuvius. We had three different drivers. Each was on time, charged the agreed upon amount, and were very safe. The cars were mercedes in great condition and very clean. We had Leo for the Amalfi coast trip and return trip to Rome airport. If you have never been on the Amalfi coast you DO NOT want to rent a car and drive it yourself. Like being in a video game. There are cars and scooters all over the place. Leo was amazing. My wife is the ultimate back seat driver and she never felt like Leo ever pushed the envelope and was very careful the entire trip. He was also super knowledgeable about the area. Trust me you want to take a private tour for this area and Leo is the man to drive you. Usually the return trip to the airport would be uneventful but Leo made the side trips to Herculeam and the wine vineyard very interesting.

All in all I can highly recommend this company for your private transport needs in the southern Italy area.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We have been fortunate enough to have travelled to The Amalfi Coast several times now and we ALWAYS use Giovanni. He was recommended to us by a local guy on our initial visit and we have used him since. He now has over 8 vehicles, but that doesn’t take anything away from the 5 star service provides. He has provided us with transfers to and from Naples airport and train station to Amalfi, Sorrento, and even Rome. He is the type of businessman that never says no. We have experienced unmatched professional services. He and his drivers also are happy to point out the great local hidden gems. On time he took us to a small family owned restaurant on the side of a mountain, we all went in and Giovanni’s own Mother was there eating!!!! He has taken us to so many amazing places that we never would have found without him. I have recommended his company on many occasions to several friends planning travel to Italy. I ALWAYS receive thanks from the people I refer. I highly recommended this company. They have more than earned our families trust.

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

We booked a roundtrip transfer from Rome, airport-Positano and Positano-Herculaneum-Rome (hotel), for our recent trip to Italy. We received very prompt, professional service from Leo on the outbound and Giovanni on the return. On both trips we were very happy with their driving, especially on the dicey roads on the Amalfi Coast. The vans were immaculately clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this service.