Top Excursion Sorrento
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
A extraordinary Sunday R/T from Rome to Amalfi

My wife and I just completed a sensational day with Rino on a day trip to the Amalfi Coast and back... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
317patrick
Providence
Simple travel in a hectic place.

Giovanni was an awesome host and driver. He picked us up at Napoli Centrale in his "suite", a large... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
huntery2019
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Sorrento
from $41.76
from $100.46
from $95.94
from $79.01
More Info
All reviews sorrentino winery wine vineyard amalfi coast tour information long excursion train station driver roberto lido azzurro light hearted lost luggage great recommendations air conditioned mercedes van his team rome airport always on time two week trip olive oil factory
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2019

I first found Top Excursion Sorento on trip advisor about a month before our trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. The owner Giovanni was very responsive to my various inquiries and even called me long distance to the USA to firm up our plans. There were a lot of choose from private car companies in Italy but I am glad I chose this company for our 4 private transport trips: one from the Rome airport to Civitevechia for a cruise, the next from the end of the cruise to Sorrento, the third for a day long excursion to the Amalfi coast (Positano, Amalfi, and Revello), and the final trip from Sorrento to the Rome airport (side trip to Herculeam and private wine tasting experience on the slope of mount Vesuvius. We had three different drivers. Each was on time, charged the agreed upon amount, and were very safe. The cars were mercedes in great condition and very clean. We had Leo for the Amalfi coast trip and return trip to Rome airport. If you have never been on the Amalfi coast you DO NOT want to rent a car and drive it yourself. Like being in a video game. There are cars and scooters all over the place. Leo was amazing. My wife is the ultimate back seat driver and she never felt like Leo ever pushed the envelope and was very careful the entire trip. He was also super knowledgeable about the area. Trust me you want to take a private tour for this area and Leo is the man to drive you. Usually the return trip to the airport would be uneventful but Leo made the side trips to Herculeam and the wine vineyard very interesting.

All in all I can highly recommend this company for your private transport needs in the southern Italy area.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We have been fortunate enough to have travelled to The Amalfi Coast several times now and we ALWAYS use Giovanni. He was recommended to us by a local guy on our initial visit and we have used him since. He now has over 8 vehicles, but that doesn’t take anything away from the 5 star service provides. He has provided us with transfers to and from Naples airport and train station to Amalfi, Sorrento, and even Rome. He is the type of businessman that never says no. We have experienced unmatched professional services. He and his drivers also are happy to point out the great local hidden gems. On time he took us to a small family owned restaurant on the side of a mountain, we all went in and Giovanni’s own Mother was there eating!!!! He has taken us to so many amazing places that we never would have found without him. I have recommended his company on many occasions to several friends planning travel to Italy. I ALWAYS receive thanks from the people I refer. I highly recommended this company. They have more than earned our families trust.

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

We booked a roundtrip transfer from Rome, airport-Positano and Positano-Herculaneum-Rome (hotel), for our recent trip to Italy. We received very prompt, professional service from Leo on the outbound and Giovanni on the return. On both trips we were very happy with their driving, especially on the dicey roads on the Amalfi Coast. The vans were immaculately clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this service.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

We booked a transfer from Naples to Positano, stopping off at Pompeii and lunch at the Sorrentino Winery en route and we booked a direct transfer from our apartment in Positano back to Naples air port. Our drivers Leo and Daniel were really friendly and professional, the cars are clean, comfortable and felt like a luxury way to travel. We would definitely use Top Excursion again if in the area.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019

We traveled with a family of 7 adults and hired Top Excursion Sorrento to be our driver and host for the day. Daniel was waiting for us promptly at our pick up time in a beautiful, new, spacious Mercedes V-Class van perfectly suited for our group size. We were not familiar with the area, so Daniel had thought through an itinerary that included the gorgeous views of Amalfi coast, stops at various towns along the route, lunch reservations in Amalfi on the waterfront and a surprise stop at a Olive Oil factory complete with a tasting of 20 olive oils. The Olive Oil factory also offered Lemoncello and digestivo’s. We can’t say enough about Daniel’s knowledge of the area, historic stories he shared and overall comfortable yet professional demeanor. Top Excursion Sorrento is highly recommended by me and my family!

Date of experience: June 2019